corey_jorg's car dolly

corey_jorg

drawbar is 100x50x3 so fairly strong. no weight at all on it as all weight is on the 2 trailer wheels. so only stress from pulling and turning. owes me around 1600 all up. with abit to a mate for welding, finding the pieces etc. about 1200 in materials including wheels "price" all tho i already owned them.

interesting. ALways wondered how these handle cornering. you should take a vid of a super low speed turn with a large angle or something. I've seen them with a turntable type deal but figured those would be a prick in that you'd proabably smash the guards into the side of the car if you weren't careful!

have you got ramps for it or do you just jack the car up and back the dolly under it?

looks liek a pretty sweet little rig!

yeah cool, nifty!

nice job. just curious - what's the advantage of this over an a-frame?

slight off topic sorry, but keen for comparison with an a-frame, with regards to the tire dragging thing?

and possibly thoughts on loading the cars front suspension up with the force of tight cornering when it's stropped down

they tow the same as a 6x4 or similar trailer..

have used one before.. bloody handy.

no good towing anything with a locked diff though,haha

i would also put some bracing from the dolly frame to the drawbar to strengthen it up.....just in case