Shakotom's '84 VK MAYTE!

Snoozin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... At first I was all, Great! Another fucking starfire... But as everyone else has said so far, everything else you have done far outshadows that minor detail... What a cool car you have created.. Im an early commy fan too as ya can see.. Got a VB running a VL rb30e.. however its definitely not as cool as this haha gimme your wheels kent!

Also thats nice to know about the wagon struts being shorter, that'll be handy when i finally bother to low it a bit

Keep it up!

Wow... At first I was all, Great! Another fucking starfire... But as everyone else has said so far, everything else you have done far outshadows that minor detail... What a cool car you have created.. Im an early commy fan too as ya can see.. Got a VB running a VL rb30e.. however its definitely not as cool as this haha gimme your wheels kent!

Also thats nice to know about the wagon struts being shorter, that'll be handy when i finally bother to low it a bit

Keep it up!

Hahaha! Thanks man, theres a little bit more planned for it in the future so stay tuned, Ive been planning it for a while [since before I joint here actually] but my utes been seriously side tracking progress so i need to crack into that to free up some time to sort a few things for the VK then get into that. Your VBs cool, I like the idea of keeping the standard wheels and polishing them. Are they 14s? if so run some stupid wide tyres on them so it looks really 80s style. like 245/50s on the standard 6js :]

Awesome ! i would have beat you heads up racing in my lada!!

style > speed however

Quite possibly ^_^ what sort of Lada do you have?

Its all about getting out there and giving it a go isnt it? But all it succeeded in doing was making me want to go faster....

Anyone got ideas on how to make the STARFIRE go fast for cheap?.... hahahahaha :iconbiggrin: Im serious.....

Thats awsome! I actually did not know there really any Ladas in NZ, but seeing the threads on them here made me think they are cool little cars.

21 second quarter mile club!? Man it was a chilled run, but that was foot to the floor, and running it right up the rpm. Still i got wheel spin of the line though :)

Alright... im slightly too stoked on it at the moment for what it is....

• 1 month later...
Guest camo_78

mr policeman didnt like tyres so fitted you with one of those delightful green stickers on the windscreen?? by the way this makes me miss my old VK,was originally a 4 banger but had been fitted with a blue 202 and trimatic before we got it,although still running 4 banger diff,suspension and brakes

Guest Shakotom

I was lucky enough to just get a ticket and told to change them before i drive it again. no extra stickers stuck on my vechile :) he did say he couldve pink stickered me though....

• Like 1

Guest camo_78

sounds like a good cop :) .only time I got stickered it was the other way around, greeny on my cefiro but no tickets cause I said straight out I was being a dickhead, lol. back to stock rims for now is it?

Guest Shakotom

i have 14x6? standard steels but they dissappear in the guards compared to the wheels on it at present. I might put a set of 14inch hotwires back on it (but they really need refinishing) that i have sitting in the garage in the mean time

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hot wires look good man. plus you cant beat a good shed burnout!

You said you were guna use those hot wires on the kingswood. Are they hq (5 x 4 3/4") or commodore (5 x 120mm) pcd?

Because they are not the same. Unless they are slotted.

Thanks. I managed to fill the garage with smoke and it took ages to clear. It still smells like rubber though... Gotta love it.
And it proves STARFIRES CAN SKID   :cheers: 

Yes those wheels are HQ stud pattern but im not really driving it anywhere at the moment. (Im aware its stressing the studs and will probably break them if I continue to use them.) but Im sort of stumped as to what to do at present because I don't really have any other wheels I want to put on there, Cant get adapters as the offset of the hotwires STILL sticks out the guards as is, so yeah itll have to do for now.

I still haven't given up on my widened steels though. They will hopefully be back on the car in the near future. or a variant of them will be as I think 60 profile tyres are to large now....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...