Snoozin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You reckon the bent axle caused your seal to go. .. or just a coincidence?

If it's not too bad you might be able to have them faced in a lathe.. just wack studs out and drop at machine shop. They should be able to set up to the bearing surface and machined area near spline then tell you how much it's running out

You reckon the bent axle caused your seal to go. .. or just a coincidence?

If it's not too bad you might be able to have them faced in a lathe.. just wack studs out and drop at machine shop. They should be able to set up to the bearing surface and machined area near spline then tell you how much it's running out

Im not to sure really, I know that the bit the wheel bolts on is not true, but if you roll the axle along a flat surface it just appears the face isn't true.

It measures about 2mm out from face to top of the axle.

Gonna go talk to diffs r us and see if there is anything that can be done about it.

Or if the longer axles have enough splines to just be cut shorter....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

^Id just succeeded in being happy with the way it sat over the steels though, and could happily wear my flatpeak* driving it and now its got wheelgap again with the smaller wheels so Im back to square one.  :wacko: 

That being said those wheels would look lush on my van with wide tyres. (I think theyre 120.65 not 120.0 anyway) So RS are the plan for it. They look similar to that anyway.

*IM NOT ACTUALLY A FLATPEAKER

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Now I figure it's about time I start getting this ready to get a cert so it's legal.

I think the later model commodore suspension swap is gonna be too much of a mission to get the camber back to within cert tolerances even with adj tophats because the LCA's are so flamin long.

I can still sort the brake upgrade onto vk struts so that's sweet

But here lies where I need your help!

Making coilovers. Plan is to shorten strut body and weld on threaded platform. (Like the coilover guide in tech articles) I've read that, and read most of the build threads on here, so I've go ta basic idea. But how do you know what height to weld the platform at/ what length shocks to choose ect?

Thing is at the height I'm at now, I have hardly any travel till I hit bumpstops on standard blown shocks and I would like to go lower.

So any advice?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brake upgrades?

Currently running 270mmx22 rotors and single pot callipers

looking at:

standard VL turbo stuff. (Callipers $220)

290mmx22mm with single pot finned callipers

Or

VL turbo rotors and an adaptor to run rx7 4 pot callipers (callipers $300) std s4/5 rx7 4pots are designed to run with a 290mmx22mm rotor I believe

Or

Standard VT stuff (already have all parts)

296mmx28mm with two pot callipers

(And muck around to run VT suspension again or buy hub things to run that on std VK struts. About $500)

I want something that will last a track day with out much fade. Last track day I went to, I managed to boil my fresh brakefluid and over heat the wheel bearing grease which has wrecked the wheel bearings now

• 4 months later...

The XYZ coil overs from Speedfactor in Tauranga is what ive done in my VL and they are an amazing upgrade from the standard gear. Send the fronts to them for cutting and welding and the rears just bolt in.

Adam??

Yeah looked at them. A bit unsure about the brand though.