Shakotom's '84 VK MAYTE!

Snoozin

oh i want this low too believe me. but the starfire upfront means no lowering springs off the shelf. and adjusties for this are worth more than the car and custom springs, shorter inserts and related shortening of front strut bodys arent far off the price of adjustables. so yeahup. but i have something else in the works for her in the meantime... :D
Lowering springs on mine were just Dobis - I cut half a coil off the front springs (BUT don't got any more - it's only JUST captive!) I left the rear at the height they came from Dobinsons

Will find you the part numbers.. (I used different rear springs being a wagon but that won't matter to you here)

edit - here you go - get them from BnT - you being in the trade should get you a good discount.

They arn't as low as the tagline suggests (EXTRA SUPER LOW!!!) but they are about 4 inches lower than stock (I've added a photo between stock and low - before I cut the half coil off the front)

78-93 Commodore VB-VP Sedan (LARS) Extra SuperLow

C21-084V Super Low Coil Spring

C21-071V Super Low Coil Spring

p4240212.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowering springs on mine were just Dobis - I cut half a coil off the front springs (BUT don't got any more - it's only JUST captive!) I left the rear at the height they came from Dobinsons

Will find you the part numbers.. (I used different rear springs being a wagon but that won't matter to you here)

edit - here you go - get them from BnT - you being in the trade should get you a good discount.

They arn't as low as the tagline suggests (EXTRA SUPER LOW!!!) but they are about 4 inches lower than stock (I've added a photo between stock and low - before I cut the half coil off the front)

78-93 Commodore VB-VP Sedan (LARS) Extra SuperLow

C21-084V Super Low Coil Spring

C21-071V Super Low Coil Spring

snip

That is a massive difference in height! definatly keen for the fronts

So does it drop it 4 inches in the front with a starfire motor in the car?

Just asking because i know you swapped yours for a 6cyl motor

Thanks for that mate

• Like 1

A good idea would be to get some shorter sealed inserts, perhaps from a later model Commodore if they fit, and chuck those in. You can get them shortened if they are too long too. I'm looking at doing this at the moment but I got sidetracked.

That way if you need to trim the lowering springs a little bit it will all still be nice and captive and will be easily certifiable when you dump a decent lump in there. Don't need to go straight to adjustable suspension.

Dope Commy bro.

Need low. Please!

Also, slightly smaller tyres all round.

Just my 10 cents!

Thanks!

yes needs low I know Im working on it very slowly.... :D And tyre wise lower profiles would be good but the rears were pretty much free and the fronts i bought to match the rears. so theyll do for now. haha

Here is a horribly over edited photo I took of it at Kumeu

snip

EDIT: and a slightly less horrible edit of it

snip

Looks good!! Thanks for taking the photos mate!

Classy! I'm rocking mismatched frontage on my Commie too.

Haha Thanks! I have matching guards too and i swap them on and off as i feel like haha. Gotta keep it fresh yo! B)

i like the wheel combo.

however needs the front lowered to the weeds.

Thanks! And yes I know :]

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...