Shakotom's '84 VK MAYTE!

Snoozin

Dude, I hate those shitarse Starfire motors with infinite firey passion, but I like your thread so much, and your attention to detail that I have decided we will keep you, here on oldschool.co.nz :D:P

Good work, that engine bay has come up beautifully! Can't wait to see this on the steels too.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome.

I have no idea how you are going to get those steels to fit, but it will be fantastic when you do.

And A+ for your persistence with that horrible motor in there. I promised myself if my starfire ever popped it would be coming out and never going back in.

When I saw the pictures of the Starfire being hoisted out of the engine bay, I thought it was good riddance.

And rightfully so. After owning a few myself, I can't stand them.

But after all the work you've put in, it's be a shame to do anything but keep it in there.

It looks great and probably runs much the same (for a Starfire :P )

Looking foward to seeing it on the steels.

Well thats awkward.... I made a discussion thread but this one seems more popular... :] So now i have two threads.... First day and ive already messed up :}

Link to build thread:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36139-shakotoms-1984-vk-commodore/

Dude, I hate those shitarse Starfire motors with infinite firey passion, but I like your thread so much, and your attention to detail that I have decided we will keep you, here on oldschool.co.nz :D:P

Good work, that engine bay has come up beautifully! Can't wait to see this on the steels too.

Thanks for deciding to let me stay! The starfires one of those things that i dont like about her but i love it to bits because of the reactions it causes from people and its general quirkyness which i think is a big part of this car . Its out on the streets at the present and hopefully will tag along to some meets in the near future

Awesome.

I have no idea how you are going to get those steels to fit, but it will be fantastic when you do.

And A+ for your persistence with that horrible motor in there. I promised myself if my starfire ever popped it would be coming out and never going back in.

tbh im actually not 100% on the steels.... i wanna move the rears to the fronts and go wider in the rear but yeah..

When I saw the pictures of the Starfire being hoisted out of the engine bay, I thought it was good riddance.

And rightfully so. After owning a few myself, I can't stand them.

But after all the work you've put in, it's be a shame to do anything but keep it in there.

It looks great and probably runs much the same (for a Starfire :P )

Looking foward to seeing it on the steels.

Haha yeah i bought it with the intention of just driving it... but we all know where that goes... So yeah im playing with a starfire :]

Mean comy.

What did you use to make the front lip?

Thanks!

Plastic i found in dads garage :]

hah, sweeeeeet job

So much tidy work. well done sir!

The pictures make it look way better than what it is. :]

• Thanks 1

Those early commies are soo under-rated, compact cars that can take 4, 6 or V8 motors

I like the look of the VKs, tho they were slightly bigger than previous models so carry a little more weight

At least it should be a cheapish daily if you stick with the starfire for now

Keep up the good work

Welcome, fellow bogan. It's good to see more Commies around here!

I'm also amazed at your perseverance with the demon Starfire. I only lasted 6 months with one back in my VC owning days before the 202 went in. I hope that old engine is at the bottom of the sea now...

Looks rad man!

Kinda reminds me of Fantasy Factory in Performance Car Mag a couple months back.

shhh :ph34r:

Nice work fella keep it up!

would like to see this low though hah :D

oh i want this low too believe me. but the starfire upfront means no lowering springs off the shelf. and adjusties for this are worth more than the car and custom springs, shorter inserts and related shortening of front strut bodys arent far off the price of adjustables. so yeahup. but i have something else in the works for her in the meantime... :D

ha. someone gave me a vk once, it had a rebuilt starfire with a lumpy cam and a weber on it. can remember wondering why someone would bother. it actually went ok ish

Is it sad to say then that i had plans awhile back to twin carb the starfire and get the cam ground out of my spare starfire for it?... Hahahaha...ha...ha :unsure:

• Thanks 1