Kicker's GS Thou

kicker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my replacement tyres on, getting the knobbly off was a bit of a pain but some sunlight detergent made putting the new ones on a piece of piss.

Rebuilt all the calipers, rear brake it sweet now, the front master cylinder ended up leaking, poo bums, picked up another from an 80's Kwaka for $12 so back in business then one of the newly rebuilt calipers starts leaking. Fuck. Then while taking that one apart I dropped one of the brake pads (that I got from the UK cos anywhere else cost an arm and a leg) in a tray of oil. Motherfuck.

So it can get fucked and I'll run a single disc, shit didn't match anyway.

So other than than that I just need to rivet my drive chain, put the exhaust back on, bolt on two side covers, attach a chain guard and we're away to the re-vin man.

20130214_173044.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had some trouble with the points so instead of buying new ones I've gone with an electronic setup.

Had to piss around making some shims as it was pinching the advance mechanism but it moves sweet now.

No gas and resurfacing of my street means no test ride yet but the spark looks nice and fat.

20130307_120755.jpg

New Dyna S ignition

20130307_141940.jpg

• Like 2

It was about $170 including postage, so much easier, just set and forget.

Definitely runs better now but #3 is still super rich.

Ruled out the electrical side of things so need to look at the carbs and check the float height, jets then a sync.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kicker

Nom

20130403_153808.jpg

There is a chance this won't make it to Nats, both calipers are leaking even after putting new seals in, gonna call some wreckers tomorrow

• Like 2

Guest kicker

So I now have 4 seals on their way from 3 different sources, the calipers look ok so hopefully using genuine seals this time will do the job.

I'm not working Wednesday or Thursday either so there is hope but no time for the mods I was hoping to do, at least I'll have the sweet sounding stacks to soothe me

• Like 2

• 4 months later...