Under dash brakes

Ja1lb8

Hey guys

Spent hours today tryna nut out where to put my brake pedal and steering column and decided the brake assembly has to be mounted under the dash either in a 180degree or 90degree configuration

Anyone out there done this before?, have been looking at pics on the net, I think most suitable is the kugel brand 180degree pedal setup but opposite to suite a right hand drive car as there made for the us market

I want to get this right first time as ive never really been happy with previous brake setups on cars ive had

eg too much leverage making the brakes too easy/no feeling or front rear bias all over the show

Using factory toyota century 4 pots on the front and 2 pots on the rear

Similar to lexus v8 setup

Factory pedal ratio is approx 3.2:1 with a 9"vacuum booster and 1"master cylinder

It also used to incorporate an abs unit, Im unsure if that altered the front and rear bias at all

I need a longer pedal then factory because of the layout of the car,ie getting it all up under the dash, and I think making it with a 6-7:1 ratio should achieve this

Unsure whether to run unboosted brakes because of the extra leverage , also running two seperate master cylinders with a balance bar becomes an option then. This would be ideal to adjust front and rear bias as ill probably be running different diametre wheels front and rear and want approximately a 60:40 brake bias

I welcome anybodies thoughts/experience on this subject

Anyone out there done this before?, have been looking at pics on the net, I think most suitable is the kugel brand 180degree pedal setup but opposite to suite a right hand drive car as there made for the us market

unsure about the rest of it but this shouldnt matter as their pedals are in the same order

If you know all the deets about caliper piston sizing and shit ring someone like race brakes and he will sort you out in regards to m/c sizing, bias valves, pedal ratio etc. Personally I would go unboosted it makes it heaps easier, and about 6:1 seems to work well for unboosted race cars, so maybe 7:1 for a road car?

unsure about the rest of it but this shouldnt matter as their pedals are in the same order

Edit, sorry was referring to the 90degree setup where on a lhd car the booster and m/c point to the right , on a rhd car this would be hanging out the side of the car somewhere