My 1982 GX61 Toyota Corona Mark II

BenVallance

Hey, My name is Ben Vallance and this is my 1982 GX61 Toyota Corona Mark II

I was driving down Memorial Ave in Christchurch and I spotted the old beast for sale on the side of the road.

Knowing she had A LOT of potential I quickly contacted the owner who was an old man wanting to sell his beloved family car from which he owned since the car was imported New Zealand new from Japan due to the fact that his eyesight had become impaired and couldn't see well enough to drive... His loss my score!

When it came to inspection I brought Rodney a good mate from work with me so we could carefully look over the car for any sign of damage Etc.. Ever heard when its too good to be true then it probably is? Well not in this circumstance, Hey Presto! 188,000 k's on the clock, the Original ownership papers and to my surprise a handbook with documentation of every service, replacement part, hell even when he's changed the water. The Interior Was mint condition with two seat covers that looked like they had been on there since the beginning judging from the amount of lint that had built up in the buttons of the seat. The Outside was Fantastic and after buying it and getting its first full tank of gas I gave it a Full Cut/Polish

I plan on doing a few modifications to it over the years I have it. Lists include:

-1JZ-GTE Engine conversion and Manual gear box

-Tinting the windows

-Lowering for the moment is gong to be shortened springs but I would like to have adjustable suspension at some stage

-Vinyl leather upholstery for the inside because since owning it I have made 3 burn holes in the seats without even noticing :(

-Looking for a set of rims that would suit it at the moment, any help?

-2.5" straight pipe exhaust/ (+screamer pipe when the jz comes)

-Full custom carpeted boot Subwoofer enclosure with lid for easy access to the spare wheel

-And a whole lot more as I find bits i want to mess around with and restore

PROJECT DISCUSSION HERE:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/35902-benvallances-1982-gx61-toyota-corona-mark-ii/

*Photo I took with my friend Max's 1983 Corona Dx

24l5wfr.jpg

28btxdv.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heres a long awaited set of pictures :D

A picture before I put my friends Steelies on and before i lowered the back haha

ouy3cp.jpg

heres a picture with the Back sacked out and the new wheels. Just waiting on taking the front struts out of the cressida i bought and shortening it all for the front

s6je2o.jpg

Heres a pic of the Cressida i bought for parts and it has a manual box im going to swap into my gx61 and a boot im going to get painted for the spoiler so i dont need to drill holes into the original!

9gfvyc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the gearbox out of the cressida, all the oil that drained out of it was clear and had little sign of ware but we'll see when i fit it hahah

Going to need a shifter bearing, clutch, bellhousing, new gear knob and leather sleeve, new clutch slave cylinder yeee

Also if anybody needs cressida RX61 parts I have a parts car with some pieces stripped so just ask for what you want