Steering rack bracket...

TTONEFOURTWO

I've decided to change my manual steering rack out for my power steering rack on my corona.

On one side of the crossmember it fits fine and bolts up but on the other side it goes from this diameter:

img1361e.jpg

To this diameter:

img1362f.jpg

And I have these brackets:

img1363ie.jpg

Which they are to small.

Can I just bend up a piece of steel to make a bracket to hold it in? Or does it have to be the proper power steering bracket??

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Pretty sure that if you leave out the bottom bracket it fits the PS rack in?

As isnt there a curved lower section on the bottom part of the x member, even with that lower bracket out?

As I'm pretty sure all of the xmembers are the same regardless of whether the car came with PS or not.

Aahh okay I see.

In that case you might need to find that top piece from a similarish car that had PS.

Wouldnt be surprised if GX61 or something with PS rack had the same part... Perhaps you could check on Toyodiy for others cars which have the same part number for that top bracket piece, from a PS car.

Failing all else just make something... Dont do it half arsed though it's reasonably important not to have your steering fall out :D