Christchurch meets Discussion Thread.

felixx

I think I've found the destination for the next OS Tram adventure.......Ferrymead has several working examples of telephone exchanges dating from the 1920's.  Lots of clanking spinning bits while you can prank call each other on rotary phones.

1288663871_IMG_70951.JPG

• Like 4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/05/2021 at 18:49, LowTech said:

I really need to pull finger and get to a few monthly meets, not just the annual pilgrimage to Hanmer... 

Anyways, this Sunday is out. I'll be in, um, Hanmer... 

Its literally on your way home.......

22 hours ago, EpochNZ said:

I think I've found the destination for the next OS Tram adventure.......Ferrymead has several working examples of telephone exchanges dating from the 1920's.  Lots of clanking spinning bits while you can prank call each other on rotary phones.

1288663871_IMG_70951.JPG

As much as this equipment piques my interest.. Did anything become of the oldschool ferrymead train inspection? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yetchh said:

As much as this equipment piques my interest.. Did anything become of the oldschool ferrymead train inspection? 

I think any OS trip to Ferrymead was waiting for Spring....so yes, we can sill organise that as well.

• Like 2