Metric fine CSK socket screws....are they out there?...

yoeddynz

What I want is M12 x 1.25 counter sunk socket head bolts.

Like this but in metric fine...

a160a8a99e32427c72b10a20bac34b11.jpg

I have looked about on google but can't find any. May as well ask here.

If no luck then I'll tap threads out to 1/2 unf which is almost the same pitch- certainly close enough. But would rather not.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Dave. If you can that would be great. I only need about 5 or 6. About 30 or 40mm long.

I tried blacks fasteners in nelson this morning but nothing- the guy wasn't sure if they made them in metric fine.

I did just find these with further searching. But check the price out though....$47 each !!! I thought a typo but they have other lengths listed at similar prices.

http://www.partzonline.co.nz/socket-screw-125p-158capm1230125c-p-29319.html?sID=29

try atom fasteners (09) 272 8664 35 Neilpark Drive, East Tamaki

its where i get all my 12.9 grade metric fine stuff, i'd imagine they'd send to you with a credit card... prices are usually reasonable aswell

They always tell me they don't have a card machine and make me pay cash

spoke to atom and they dont have any, they did. but no more.

steelmasters dont have any on the shelf and they said they would try to find some if i wanted. if all else fails i can ask them to try and source some.

i asked about M12 x 1.25 grub screws too, so you could make a CSSHCS out of some grub screws but no luck.

can you drill and helicoil the hole to M12 x 1.5 or something a bit more accessible???