Sam's 8th Triumph 2500 "S"

Slacker_Sam.

Maybe 1, maybe 2, there is a very Nice 850 T5 R that I've got my eye on. The scary part is I cant remember telling anyone.... Are you stalking me Alex??? Please say yes!

can't go wrong with an 850-T5! I'm not biased... the 'R' model just gives some fruit, and the extra power burst out of the ECU is limited to something like 25 seconds. be prepared to order a whole bunch of parts from the states to get it up to snuff. so far I've done cooling system (pump, reservoir, all hoses, CTS, 'stat), timing belt and tensioners, plugs, leads, coil, rotor and cap, four brake rotors and full set of pads, a couple of CV boots, heater motor; about to do PCV system, and all engine mounts, and ordering front shocks and lower control arms, endlinks, tie rod ends, and any other bushes needed. then it'll be turbo hoses etc.

I was going to post an image of my T5 old-school BTCC candidate to the wagons thread, but figured it would be far too new-school for the thread.

PS - also be prepared for front tyre wear in the region of 12k kms for the fronts (and the rears if you're enthusiastic)

Haha now I'm semi scared of it.

once you get a taste of the 5 cyl on boost and the addictive nature of that exhaust note, fear goes out the window, and is replaced by lurrrrrv. a big leather armchair with a good stereo that's entertaining to drive.

not that I'm advocating the high-speed of this vidjo, but listen to the sound of the stock T5 here:

• 1 month later...