Sam's 8th Triumph 2500 "S"

Slacker_Sam.

Hi Im slacker_sam & I have a Triumph addiction....I spotted this hiding under a tarp underneath a car port. Naturally I knocked on the owners door & asked about it. The guy went on to tell me that he bought it off a older gentleman who worked at the Triumph/Rover car factory In Nelson. So after some convincing he agreed to sell it to me. Clutch master & slave cyl were seized Poured some fresh fuel in & primed the pump and it started after 3 winds. It runs beautifully.So Its a 1978 Triumph 2500 S, Manual overdrive, Power steering & factory alloys.Its got some rust here and there, front screen will need to come out to fix up the surface rust before it gets to bad, but its pretty solid considering its been sitting since 2009.Pics:SAM_4864.jpgI pushed it off the trailer/wasted myself trying to push & steer with the door open coming off the trailer.Started it up in gear and drove onto the drive.SAM_4865.jpgThe wee man loves it.SAM_4866.jpgFaded paint.S-spec gauges:SAM_4868.jpgvery clean motor:SAM_4871.jpgSAM_4867.jpgLocal car since new:SAM_4869.jpgThen I found the key for the boot hiding in the glove box. Opened it up and.......SAM_4872.jpgFantastic!! Had a rummage. Quite a bit of New old stock, obviously "borrowed" from the car factory when Triumph when under.Brand new Disc rotors:SAM_4880.jpg4x New, still in the bag side repeater lamps:SAM_4874.jpgUJ's, OE unipart brake pads, loads of wheel bearings;SAM_4882.jpgand much much more!So I have a few things to get sorted:*Repair master cyl, new slave cyl & new clutch hose*Fuel leak from spit fuel line under fuel tank*Rust hole in L/H sill*Hole in muffler*Paint & buff!

Project Discuss: http://oldschool.co....triumph-2500-s/

• 1 month later...

I decided to do some work on this log. Firstly remove the rooted master cyl. I've done this so many times now, I have it down to a fine art. I also love the way that all the little parcel tray nuts and bolts under the dash are finger tight on all Triumphs from factory.

SAM_4934.jpg

Grabbed one of my hoarded master cyl kits and re-kitted that bitch + cleaned it up... gorgeous

SAM_4936.jpg

Chucked it back in along with new slave cyl & new clutch hose... couldn't get it to bleed up for the life of me. Then I realized that I'd stupidly put the slave cyl upside down.

Next up i noticed some cracks in the paint down by the R/H rear wheel, so I started picking at it, as you do. Ended up like this.

SAM_4933.jpg

Shit.

• 1 month later...

Right this thing is more or less ready for its wof, Rust fixed, exhaust fixed, everything works. She looks pretty rough at the moment. I started giving it a polish but 4 years of oxidization takes a lot of elbow grease to remove.

Back up vehicle for the Nationals maybe??

SAM_5060.jpg

SAM_5063.jpg

Half polished. Wheels still need painting & polishing, under seal the guards, stick the door trim back on & other cosmetic stuff.

SAM_5059.jpg

Took it for a dodgy drive around the block today. I remember why I love these things so much now. Manual overdrive, power steering and straight 6 donk. Fucking awesome.

Discussion thread: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/35256-sams-8th-triumph-2500-s/