Cavity Wax

Lump

I've got a couple of aerosol cans of cavity wax and I'm planning on doing the bottoms of the Jags door cavities, there's a decent amount of dirt built up at the bottom or each door I've got most of it out but they're still a bit grimey. (doesn't seem to be any rust yet though)

I'm going to have a go at them with some PH neutral soap and a thin paint brush tomorrow to try and get them clean before the cavity wax goes on.

Is this the best way to go about this? I don't want to trap any dirt and moisture under the wax as I'd imagine that would just cause rust rather than prevent it.

To be honest, I'd throw some rust converter into the seams then the cavity wax. I wish Bilt Hamber products were available here. Their cavity wax is designed to cope with rusted surfaces. It might be worth importing some depending on your project's ultimate value.

I hear you about the Bilt Hamber stuff it sounds pretty awesome. PPC Australia have it listed on there website http://por15.com.au/ (doesn't seem to be on the NZ one) I'll start cleaning up the cavities and see if I can order some through them

Are you going to block the drainage holes in the doors with the wax? Might not be the best. But I could be misunderstanding your plan.

Nah the product is applied pretty thinly and shouldn't block holes that big, I'll check they're clear before putting the door cards back on anyhow