GuyWithAviator's 1974 Austin 1300

GuyWithAviators

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah cars like that are cool, this one had the service booklet in the glove box. Looks like it was a rental for a few months then owned by an old lady for 25 odd years in blenheim before changing owners down here for a few years.

Manual, I've only seen one auto and that was a Wolseley 1100

Will try fix photos later

Also the best way for stereo I've found is to put some 6x9's in the boxes you can get from Repco etc and put them under the front seats facing forwards - they fit perfectly and the sound bounces off the firewall giving you surprisingly good staging.

Chuck the amp under the rear seat or in the boot - I had the amp attached to the side of a sub box and it was in the boot.

host the photos somewhere else, that site seems to be shit

Yeah I'll chuck them on Flickr tomorrow and change the links. Cheers for letting me know.

Also the best way for stereo I've found is to put some 6x9's in the boxes you can get from Repco etc and put them under the front seats facing forwards - they fit perfectly and the sound bounces off the firewall giving you surprisingly good staging.

Chuck the amp under the rear seat or in the boot - I had the amp attached to the side of a sub box and it was in the boot.

Sweet, good ideas. I might start putting it all in soon. Just below the doors on each side is a channel with a hole on each end, looks like a perfect place to run some power and speaker cables :D

What is your dad planning with this orange one??

Not sure need to find out if its still on hold or dead, grandad was keeping it on hold for years but havent checked in a while.

Was all running fine nad interior still mint, even the exterior was still mint bar one scratch/dent thing.

Not sure need to find out if its still on hold or dead, grandad was keeping it on hold for years but havent checked in a while.

Was all running fine nad interior still mint, even the exterior was still mint bar one scratch/dent thing.

http://new.minimania.com/part/MTB-AA/Vtec-Austin-America-Conversion-Kit-For-Honda-B-Series-Engines

and

43fgebc.jpg

;)

Also,

Are the photos working now?