DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

Are you sure? MX bikes use slides and they don't suck, not to mention a butterfly is hardly a linear opening...

But mostly they look badass and there aren't any good looking throttles that aren't $11ty billion.

Also this is for a race car.

I am unsure as I haven't tested them myself back to back or anything IRL. All racecars where the class allows have gone back to butterflies over slides f1 etc. racecar engineering has a sweet article about how gay slides are. They do look sweet though

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as spencer said.  outboards will require a decent ecu which can control the injector timing, plus a big set of injectors. so all the fuel can be dumped in the available time, before the fuel gets thrown back out the throttles.   but you may get away with it if running weak factory cams with no overlap.

also. correct me if wrong; i thought the turbulence from throttle plate  helped with the fuel mixing,  with outboard injection. so sliders are no help in this case.

OK guys a couple of questions,

1. how to you set up TPS on slide throttles? I am picturing a rack and pinion setup but that seems like a lot of fucking around.

2. Is there any reason why I can't inject before the throttle?

Linear potentiometer would be the go?