DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done small engine EFI? I enquired with Ecotrons and they want US$1599 for a kit suitable for my FT500, Aliexpress has a similar looking kit for about 1/3 the price from the Super Turbo store which is a lot more appealing. 

12 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

Has anyone done small engine EFI? I enquired with Ecotrons and they want US$1599 for a kit suitable for my FT500, Aliexpress has a similar looking kit for about 1/3 the price from the Super Turbo store which is a lot more appealing. 

Pm sending... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so I've found a cheap ems stinger on facebook which has nudged me in the direction of injecting the 202. I know tbi or single point injection is shit but its less shit than a carb. 
Will be keeping a eye out for a EA falcoon TBI module.
Any suggestions on alternative tbi units?

The other option would be figure out how to mount 3 individual injectors on the runners without looking like shit

• Like 1

The problem with that is the 202 is non crossflow so the intake and exhaust share clamping forces, if you were to make a spacer plate it would have to be for all of the ports so likely need to be steel but then would potentially increase the probability of leaking due to increased bolt length requirements.  It would also be a massive ballache to install. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, yetchh said:

oooh thats nice! Pity its about 700 dollars over budget hah

I could butcher a stock manifold and use some of this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32902865173.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.42836db8U7fNTJ&algo_pvid=8943ecd3-dfd3-4b56-8cdd-5495bc20379a&algo_expid=8943ecd3-dfd3-4b56-8cdd-5495bc20379a-4&btsid=0ab6d67915896941077311896e58ad&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Edit #3

Could also go down the hoolly sniper 2 barrel or Fi tech route if  I wanted to spend lots lol.

3 hours ago, chris r said:

so I've found a cheap ems stinger on facebook which has nudged me in the direction of injecting the 202. I know tbi or single point injection is shit but its less shit than a carb. 
Will be keeping a eye out for a EA falcoon TBI module.
Any suggestions on alternative tbi units?

The other option would be figure out how to mount 3 individual injectors on the runners without looking like shit

Read my comments a few pages back re ems stinger 

but if you buy one I have a whole stinger v4 a very short loom and a brand new long loom and new ford wasted spark 6 cyl coil pack + a Bosch 4 plug narrow/wideband that the stinger can read directly - yours for cheap if you go down that rabbit hole 

also a laptop old enough to read the help files and a serial connection 

• Like 2

Just now, Transom said:

Read my comments a few pages back re ems stinger 

but if you buy one I have a whole stinger v4 a very short loom and a brand new long loom and new ford wasted spark 6 cyl coil pack + a Bosch 4 plug narrow/wideband that the stinger can read directly - yours for cheap if you go down that rabbit hole 

also a laptop old enough to read the help files and a serial connection 

What are you wanting for that lot? 

My plan initially was tbi and a Honda ignitor (becaue I've got lots of them) driving a dumb coil bank through the stock dizzy. 

Or I have also got a est dizzy so can connect that either directly to the ecu or through a gm hei module (and use that for coil control too) 

I'm very aware wasted spark and sequencial injection is muuuch better.

At the end of the day it's a crappy holden 6 and the heads/intake manifolds are garbage for flow so I'm unlikely to benefit from sequencial injection or wasted spark and I'd like to keep it as stock as possible in appearance because barry 

I do have access to a xp laptop with serial port so that'll work well enough for what I need

200 entire package + courier ? / negotiable 

Long loom cost me over that 

Have had ecu live and tracking crank trigger then got to no spark/ prob ignitor issues and gave up went coil on plug and link so no guarantee on whether the ecu is fully functional...

Dell Laptop has the ems software and basemaps on it -not sure if there is a Holden 6 map on there  dead battery just plugged it in to my hp cord 

• Like 2

Not quite diy level because (not my racecar) 

Set up is link g4+ storm. Vss wired up and Canbus to a dash (dash to be purchased). We want to know fuel used over x distance so can calculate fuelling levels prior to stage so its not over full and sloshing around and stinking 

We are wondering if there is any option of a fuel used over x distance or even a average fuel usage over a trip time function that the link can do? Or would that all be on the dash side of things. 

Would prefer not to fill tank then do 100km of touring, then 100km of rally pace to get data 

• 4 weeks later...

Think I've only been able to read through 50% of the thread but this is gold....

I'm going to do some logging/tuning on my boat and need to hook up a wideband.  Jetties have advised the only way to really do this in marine manifolds is to drill/tap right next to a single exhaust port where it's not water jacketed.  Realistically a widebands only going to be there during the period where I need to log/tune, I'll have it running open map 99% of the time.  What problems am I going to run into?  Will the AFR be bias lean/rich, how will heatsoak affect numbers?  I'm sure the sensor wouldn't last too many hours to be left in that position anywho.

IMG_1003.thumb.jpg.7fc97148cd82f2aa20c447a0531d3e27.jpg