DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

Cool. Cheers. Just thinking.. if one was to wire up a relay to the oil pressure switch it would have to be a 'normally on' or two way relay eh. I think.. (from early morning sleepy time electrical circuit planning)

Or with a timer just wire it to ignition circuit? No good if someone leaves ignition on though.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know of a good injector that I can mount 90 degrees to the air flow?

I saw some once that had this plastic deflector looking thing on the end to make the spray go sideways.

Also, what cc do I need to run a 2.8 with 4 injectors. I was thinking around 450cc mitsi ones.

Future plans include around 5-7 psi also...

Factory Altezza injectors are 440cc with a 6 hole nozzle which would probably give a good misting for a 90 deg placement but nothing's going to be ideal for that. 

You might find that running a larger injector at a shorter pulsewidth and then playing around with injector timing could help, so you spray all of the fuel while the air is flowing into the cylinder rather than beforehand.

But that assumes you're not using batch fired injectors.

Spraying at 90 deg onto something that isnt hot is less than ideal, factory injector placement generally fires onto the hot port / hot valves to vaporize the fuel and more favourable angle.

It probably wouldnt make too much difference to power with 90 deg orientation but you'll likely get some worse fuel economy / idling / etc than you otherwise would.

• Like 1

For a Triumph? If so would it not be easier to start with the PI bodies?

Haha, no I'm talking about the pinnacle of straight 6 engines here. The mighty Nissan L28!

I don't want an efi manifold as its going into a 70's car and the twin carb manifold and air box looks original.

• Like 1

Im having a brain fart with the trigger wheel. The standard placement puts the VR sensor clockwise 90 degrees from TDC, and the missing tooth is 5 teeth passed the sensor. If i were to move the sensor 270 degrees (so on the other side of the crank, or 90 degrees anti-clokcwise) instead, how would i position the missing tooth then? Still 5 teeth passed sensor, even if the missing tooth is then on or passed the TDC mark?

Trigger_wheel_setup.jpg

Haha, no I'm talking about the pinnacle of straight 6 engines here. The mighty Nissan L28!

I don't want an efi manifold as its going into a 70's car and the twin carb manifold and air box looks original.

Could you mount 6x injectors into the underside of the manifold to help even up fuel to each cylinder and maintain 70's looks. More work yes but would be worthwhile 2 injectors servicing 3 cylinders surely would be almost as bad as su's.

Could you mount 6x injectors into the underside of the manifold to help even up fuel to each cylinder and maintain 70's looks. More work yes but would be worthwhile 2 injectors servicing 3 cylinders surely would be almost as bad as su's.

Na, it's not a cross flow motor so the exhaust is right under the inlet manifold.

I want to put 2 injectors in each carb now. They can be a bit smaller and make a better mist.

Photos to follow when I get some time.

• 1 month later...