DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out to make some doort noises tonight, had the hose for map sensor #2 mounted about 10cm in front of centre of the radiator

Shows as being 3kpa above the barometer, (oh yeah, so I guess that's a 3rd map sensor...)  could be higher with a bottom panel that seals that area in.

Good place for an intake but I'll mount the hose closer to where my air intake will be coming from and see what happens.

I guess that much was already obvious seeing how just about every factory car in existance gets air from there.

But good to see it backed up with some numbers.

Saw an AE86 on the motorway too which was cool

dyg4zcf4.lzf.jpg

• Like 3

I got E-throttle cruise control working.... hooooly moly it's awesome.

Apart from just novelty factor, it's going to be awesome for tuning cruising ignition timing and having really really really really repeatable results.

As in, set cruise control to XYZ speed, do a run on a flat piece of road and datalog it.

Do the same thing again with ignition timing advanced further, (or cam timing) datalog it.

Rinse repeat until you find the lowest average KPA values (Or lowest average effective duty cycle of injectors) 
Based on what is possibly some dubious maths it looks like last night I was getting 10.25l per 100km, when running ~30 degrees advance at cruising.

Ideal ignition timing in this area is going to be closer to 35-40-45 degrees advance so there's going to be some economy improvements there for sure.

Previously the car's acheieved 7-8l per 100km and the factory ECU used to smash timing in right to the point of knock (And beyond it, when I had knock sensor problems)

I'm looking forward to finding a good spot to test with and having a play around this week.

Something else that will be handy with E-throttle:

1. Push button on the dash

2. This switches to a 2nd E-throttle map which gives a max of (for example) 70% throttle opening, and turns on datalogging

3. Mash foot to the floor, engine holds at 70% throttle every single time for repeatability of tuning that region of your map.

4. Push button on dash again when finished and throttle goes back to normal and datalogging turns off.

Should be fun.

• Like 1

Some of you may be interested in this. For $120 it is pretty cool. 

http://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino

this is pretty rubbish though and is nice as an academic thing if you just wanna learn about what happens and play around with a shitty engine on a stand, but shit if you actually want to run your car on it. Just buy a microsquirt for ~twice the money

this is pretty rubbish though and is nice as an academic thing if you just wanna learn about what happens and play around with a shitty engine on a stand, but shit if you actually want to run your car on it. Just buy a microsquirt for ~twice the money

Why is it rubbish/shit? Don't bag someones hard work without justifying yourself. 

1300loops/second and under 100uS timing accuracy at 10k rpm should be fine for most setups. It is still in development but I fully expect it to cut into the MS market in the future when it is a bit more user friendly. 

• Like 2

hey guys,

Has anyone set up traction control on the new G4+ ecus?

Iv got my Fury all wired up and ready to test out. Any trick tips?

Also since i have supercharger i have installed a mac valve between manifold and BOV's.

I have this running as a boost control vs wheel slip vs rpms.

min pressure = 5psi

max pressure = 16psi

boost control on supercharger say what!

would it be better to do timing retard instead? has a quicker effect on torque output and would be simpler/less wiring and hoses etc.

sure either can be made to work just fine though

but yeah no idea on settings /lingpost. good luck please report back with findings/graphs 8)