SOHC's DOHC chopper

SOHC

I built this as a project when I was 19 at uni much to everyone's disgust, it was a 1983 Honda CB900 Boldor (rollerdoor), most of the bike went in the bin, and it got a Suzuki intruder front end, Triumph rear hub and Harley rim and guard, and custom hard tail frame, shorted the frame and now it will do wheelstands in 1st and 2nd gear, it was too loud with the open pipes, so it got a cople cobys. I have nealy ground the side stand off on the road on the corners

Going to build another one soon, I was thinking of turning this into a rat bike and rusting it up a bit, and I want to make pittsburgh stacks about 6ft tall past my sissy bar.

chopper001.jpg

cho1.png

69317226.png

cool bike man, i was going to do the same to my 79 750k (x cop speacial). i would like to see yours in the rat style, it will add to the tuff look. i also like the use of parts ,its what a true chopper/bober is really about not another harley built from a catalouge.

I got this 1982 Yamaha XS650 from the bike shop I worked at for $500 as the customer never came to pick it up in 6 years, I made some drag pipes, I blew the gearbox and crashed it on the Rimutaka hills wellington, had to replace everything in the gearbox from another motor, then I trashed it so much the big end bearings failed, I had built a custom frame for it but I never got to finish it

y600yam.jpg

chopper675488.png

I think I mainly made the big sissy bar to piss people off, its handy for tiying the tent to so I don't have to bring all the poles, I don't like the exhaust system, its a fuck up, it needs a 4 into one or something just on one side