danger's Hilux

danger

Hey danger....

What are the ins and outs of the high steer kit? U make it urself?

In the process of homework for jacking a landcruiser so body and sus lift will be on the cards as will massive mud chuckers

The pic of your weldy weldy pricked my interest

Cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a kit with the arms, rods, rod ends etc and bought a mounting kit seperate. If I were to do it again I would just make my own mounting brackets.

To be honest it's a prick of a job. I still need to mount the arms and rods etc which isn't a big job. Also need to weld a bracket under the chassis for a steering damper mount.

If I had an oxy acetylene plant and could gas axe off the old mount it would have taken half the time. Also if I were to do it again I'd remove the radiator

• 4 years later...

Ok so four years later I've decided to look at this again. Need to raise some money so going to finish the fabrication, get it running and flick it off.

Got hoops being bent up to fab the front shock hoops to fit the 12" bilsteins I bought. Gonna give the engine a birthday, hand paint some of the chassis and diffs and perhaps weld up rear diff.

Maybe blow the truck over with a quick coat of paint.

Removing the factory shock mounts was a shit job with the cab and only a 4" grinder but oh well.

I imagine certing all the fab work from 5 years previous would be a bitch? 

Screenshot_20180811-203129~2.png

Also any idea of value on this thing? Originally I was thinking 4 for it but running, reg on hold and no cert but fabrication finished 6k?

2.8L non turbo. Rebuilt front knuckles and bearings, strengthened diff housing, rear leaves up front with front mounts lowered 2" to correct pinion angle. LSD in front. Custom shock hoops and new  long travel bilsteins. Rear shock mounts from the centre, reinforced rear end and tow points all around. Rough but solid body and interior. Brand new 35s on 15x10s

Got a little side tracked today building this rear bar with salvage hooks and removal tow bar. Heavy as fuck, all from recycled steel I had around the place except for the towbar box section.

Feels good to be working on things whilst getting rid of stuff I've hoarded.

Snapchat-743799194.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...