motorized shopping trolly

Mitch.W

soo i had a thought of making a motorized shopping trolly, i have 4 weeks of school left so why not!

so yeah this is the mock up of it kinda how i want it to end up. it may need to be a little longer as it might be to snappy and wont drift

trollyracer.jpg

and this is the start i have made on it today i have made the part where the kids sit and folded it down and reinforced it all can hold heaps stronger. im trying to keep it looking as trolly like as possible running a 6.5hp chineese motor and buying the stage 1 hop up kit to give it abit more power.

img0220lh.jpg

any suggestions would be sweet always open to new ideas. ill get some more pics tomorrow should have the frame all tacked together.

chur mitch

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. This immediately reminded me of an episode of Monster Garage that I saw ages ago. It was a high school special and they made a motorised shopping cart. Someone screwed up by making it fixed rear axle and it couldn't turn circles lol - something to think about (especially since it looks like all your weight will be over the rear wheels)

Also, I hope you acquired the trolley via legitimate methods :P Legend has it that that are really expensive for supermarkets to replace.

That's where I get my idea from I remember watching it when I was like 10 and always wanting one ao why not! Yeah I know hot to make it turn. It's still going to be soild axle you just need to dial in some caster else you can't turn for shit.

Yeah it's legit....... Well as legitimate as you can get a shopping trolly for free haha

• Like 1

By caster do you mean camber? Since it probably won't have any suspension at all to even create caster?

Na, he definitely means caster, if the chassis is stiff enough it lifts the inside rear wheel and makes it so you can go around corners.

That's and awesome idea! Chin spoiler shall go on today!!

OS Nats 2013 and the race is on! I'm keen as if I haven't flipped this or broken it by then.

Yeah hopefully it is. I extended the frame another 100mm out the back of the trolly just to get abit more length just to make sure it's not to short.

and colour scheme? the frame is welde to the trolly so everything the same colour either re galvanize it or a flat black or anything else suitable

got it into a rolling frame all tacked together ready to be welded ill do that on tuesday fully welded the main frame next week ill attach the brake caliper and motor mounts then steering then test drive :D

i also know what somones going to say the frame tapers out and the bearing mounts will be all on the piss but the bearing carriers are self centering so the will correct that themselves

img0230xi.jpg

img0229s.jpg

Edit: also thanks k2dori heaps for that front lip idea! works dope its adjustible iswell for hardparks and cruzing :P

img0231iq.jpg

the front end needs to come down abit like 15-20mm so it sits lower/level with the back and i have made the front wheels come in abit further else it looks funny

img0233ff.jpg

mitch

• Like 2