Thriller's Kawasaki A7 B Avenger

alfalfa

Guest snapper

Clubmans arrived yesterday so I threw them on. Keen to hear thoughts on positioning and angle and all that jazz. They are adjustable (aww yee) so at the moment I've got them somewhere between horizontal and perpendicular to the forks.

back in the day you would find clubmans running around the edge of the clocks. this positioned the bars in a similar position to clip-ons. clubmans=poormans clipons, if you ignore that clubmans are a little more practical for everyday use. position them so they're most comfortable for you; like fashion, there are few rules left.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alfalfa

Shit got done last night! Mostly stuff that I could totally have already done in the last few weeks but where's the fun in that?

Made tail light holders and painted black, made license plate bracket and painted black, finished making seat hinge plates and glued them into the seat. Went out for a peek this morning and they had gone off so I gingerly pulled the seat off and amazingly they came with it and were still lined up! Stoked.

Got some more fasteners from TOK today to tidy a few things up. Removing pillion pegs for maximum monoposto stz aww yee. No passengers sorry babbies.

Brights are all looking nice and shiny max thanks to Tom for supplying elbow grease.

Also shout outs to Dave for sanding & painting the seat.

Things left to do are:

Wire in tail lights/indicators/#plate lights.

Cable tie on rear mudguard.

Final coat of paint on seat/tail.

Glue rubber seat rests onto frame rails.

Reattach fuel tank, oil tank & side cover when they get back from painter.

No photos sorry guys but you will see it on Friday!

• 2 weeks later...