Solidstripes 1960's Surfzuki M15

solidstripe

111111.jpg

:cyclopsani:<---(this does not get used nearly enough)

So ampping to get it now! Have to wait to go up to Auckland to pick it up on Monday, the suspense is killing me!

It's my first bike (if you can call it that) and have no solid ideas. Will let the inspiration flow when I see her. The rough plan is to make it into a beach bike that can nip me round to different spots. So have been day dreaming on the best way to have a removable surfboard rack on the left hand side. Have a novel, cheap idea but will have to wait and see.

Kinda been digging Duess Ex' kinda style for a long time, probebly take some inspiration from there, but keep it looking low budget if that makes sense.

Basicly what a 15 year old me would do to a bike but lacked in style and abilitys hahaha.

Oh yeah, it's 2 stroke! = 1up! 3 spd too.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Chris!

It's finally arrived!

It's my first bike ever, so completely utterly noobish, but from what I can tell taking it for a quick spin it's a 3spd and chops through the gears pretty well. Smokes up a storm, gota love the 2 strokeness. Here's a dumb question, if I made up the wrong ratio 2 stroke mix (1:30) would that be enough to stop it running? Cause it ran out of fuel and I had a rough guess at the mixture and now it don't start no more... gutted.

Mate snapped this awesome pic of me and the wife going down the alley.

206331_530046323678954_819369137_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Easiest way to get a expansion chamber for a random old bike is to make one. I have a book and a mig and a bit of sheet metal. you can come have a crack at it next time you come to hamilton to visit the inlaws if you want!

-Guy (yes the one that you know from way back when)

• 8 months later...

Guy! G'day man, havn't looked at this post in years. Yeah man, I'll come say g'day next time I'm over and we'll have a catch up. Would fully be keen to have a go at making one, it's been to long between welds.

What's your number bro?

And where's pics of your bikes?

Anywho, this bike is now up for sale:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=625405552

If you go to bikes for sale you will see my listing for a tu250, it has a link to my photobucket you can have a look through the past and present bikes there. You gunna be in hamilton any time soon? If you are can bring the m15 to me i would be pretty keen to take it off your hands! Phone number is 0275322484