Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20200130_221317.thumb.jpg.b43bda407946ac9999155ea2d050f735.jpg

So the old vw has been off the road for about ten months. Luckily, as fate would have it my young brother-in-law was heading overseas to travel. So I've had his old car to drive over winter. Anyone what to buy a 96 Caldina turbo desiel? No Right, moving on.

When I finally finished the resto on this thing, the interior was just thrown in, zero fucks, basic. Ten months ago it Also failed it's wof on the setlbelts. So the desiel arrived just on time. I'd noticed that the rear floor was getting wet while driving in the rain. Turned out to be a leak between the floorpan and body right in the corner under the back right. The sunroof had also seen better days, I'd only duct taped in on 2 years ago and the cover was starting to crack and leak. It also has no noise insulation and I'd never gotten around to spraying the rust proofing about inside, again because it was such a mad rush at the end.

• Like 6

The other reason for new belts was to get rid of these stupidly long storks. I shopped around and was keen to get some old school style buckles, which are available in reel ups, but the buckle side was also an adjustable belt, as this car is a daily I didn't want to be fishing around under seats and nothing else is original in this car so who cares!

20200131_113939.thumb.jpg.1ae907c9b5805bd43767b840d1700c15.jpg

Better.

20200121_213615.thumb.jpg.d5a3497b34b04640cbdd04fff50d1cd8.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When the car was at Frank's, his mechanic commented on how sloppy the shifter was. You just need to know how to drive it mate! Truth is if be having trouble with it for ages. So I left to do the school run and get to work, about a week later, hooked second and WTF? It jumped into neutral and the stick itself forgot it's H Pattern and just flopped about like a spoon in a mixing bowl! 20200605_193158_copy_918x1632.thumb.jpg.fbd016dc7a4ead6745c59daa57ca4f16.jpg

Turns out the base held together by these four long pop rivets, until it wasn't. Was a easy fix, even had the right size nut and bolt combo.

Actually pretty funny.

That my sharns for today. chur.

• Like 9

• 2 months later...