1963 VW Beetle:Ragtop Resto.

63Ragtop

Now wiring is something I know nothing about, yet.

what I do know is this is how I got the new loom from the back of the car, to the front.

it was not easy, there is a tight spot somewhere up above the rear seat area, I used alot of masking tape, duct tape and vaseline to get that sucker up to the interior light and snap! went the old washing line I was using to pull it though.
Luckily I had run another wire for future rev counting, I actually ended up pulling the loom out of the interior light hole,use the loom its self to pull it though the tight spot, re-tapeing it to the line and then pull it though the A pillar.
:roll: :roll:

look how clean that speedo it!!!

engine hole.

need to clean these up.

• Like 6

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all these small things take some much time.

details details details. cleaned up door swtiches.

stuck foam stuff under the tank.

front end looking nearly complete!

this is the problem with my old 67 fuel sender, if It's any where near full it will leak and ruin any new paint. :cry: 
any suggestions on how to fix this small but important issue, would be great, or should I give up and convert to the electric gauge as my gauge wire thing is bung as anyway.

• Like 1

I feel the wiring is going to beat me on this thing, I've got 98% all hooked up and I'm sure correct, but the last few details are tripping me up. things like the wiper motor and switch which is because they are 2speed and from a later car they appear to need a couple extra wires, also the Alternator for the same reasons.
Adding to the confusion is the loom seems to be missing a few small, separate small wires, like the one for the speedo light and one for the flasher unit, both of which I was able to salvage from the old looms.
I'll be happy if anything works and it don't catch on fire!
Also had a frustrating night last night trying to get the door window scrapers in, or rather to stay in! very tight work and my fingertips are sore today, was hoping to have the drivers door finished last night, but by 1am I had to give up!

help!

• Like 5

A small but important part to getting a car legal on the roads. Really need to be black.

It's funny, this car has been a shell for so long, every time I attach another part it's like I get some kind of shock, I don't like it, it looks so cluttered! after a day or two my brain has caught up the new part look normal again. :lol: 

uh-oh.

time for a clean and a paint.

and a couple new seals, the inside of the fan shroud has a nice coating of oil.
no rust at least!

• Like 8