tyronj's 280zx 2 seater

ProZac

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using modified R30 Skyline bottom arms with custom made ball joints in mine, that's with S14 knuckles and hubs and S13 struts. If I was going to do it again I'd probably just get either the original struts or R31 struts made into adjustables.

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

I'm using modified R30 Skyline bottom arms with custom made ball joints in mine, that's with S14 knuckles and hubs and S13 struts. If I was going to do it again I'd probably just get either the original struts or R31 struts made into adjustables.

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

Thanks man - i was thinking ill probably just cut the BJ end off the A31 arm and fit/weld it to the standard arm with some reinforcing, etc. The 2 advantages i see is slightly wider front track, the ability to run wider front rims and also bolt on 4 pot calipers, etc.

i love 280z.

My friend had one and it was awesome but soooooooo much rust.

I read your entire thread in a South African accent.

Yeah i have a few SA customers and they all recognise the car (even when it was partially striped - were they quite popular over there?

I would definitely check with a certifier before doing something like that. I don't think my car handles as nicely as it used to (when it had R31 struts in it) with the new setup, but I had to use adjustable castor rods with custom brackets like the TTT ones, it was a real pain in the ass. The HR31 struts would give a slightly wider track compared to the factory stuff and have 100mm caliper bolt spacing. I'm still running spacers on the front of mine with 17x9s with around a +25 offset.

I think mine probably should have been bump steer checked when it was certified, but it wasn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Jacked car and put a metal pole between the wheel and guard. Start off with an easy angle then let the car down onto it and roll back n forth. Keep repeating using a more aggressive angle each time. Thn finish with a panel hammer. Don't recommend trying it if u have fancy paint as it's easy to wreck it with cracks. U can buy fancy guard rollers that bolt to the hub for around $200 I think.

• 1 month later...

I have so much respect for this build.

There are so many epic builds on this site, but this one stands out as being a reserection from struggle street.

I yearn to see this machine on the road. And hope you bring it to an old school nats, so I can shake your hand, and have a beer with you.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Resurrection is the concept of coming back to life after death.  (Google)

3 years after the last post......pure fluke I saw an original pic of this when he started in 2012 on Google images and it linked to a project thread?!

c5588aed.jpg

Dragging this back up from the 2014, and boy, it has to be seen to be believed. The finish was worth the effort by Tyron and his helpers.

How often with that much effort do people actually follow through to the end?

Black cars are known to be hard to get straight. This is now as straight as a die.

Without the project thread on this car it would be impossible to imagine how far it has come!

T2FXBoJl.jpg

cfzsRhul.jpg

Zh3A6JJl.jpg

c1oQmH2l.jpg

• Like 7