Turbo-charging a 2tgeu.

troyzakp60

Hey there

i have a 2tgeu which has had a bit of work done to it. Cams, ported out ect. im wanting to know what needs to be done to turbo it. i know i can use 3tgte parts. but what exactly would i be using from a 3t? what is all that needs to be done? and would it be hard to do? im not going to be thrashing it round hard so just run low boost i guess.

cheers

if i were doing it. would leave motor how it is. put turbo setup of choice on it. bigger injectors and link ecu + good tune.

pretty much any engine will take some boost, long as its tuned right. unless its an aggressive na setup already

• Like 1

do i need 3tgte loom and ecu?

if you did that: you will also need.

the crank angle sensor,

cam sensor,

their brackets and cables and shit,

the correct o2 sensor,

the correct air flow meter for that ecu to understand the volume.

loom cradles (it's the plastic shit the carries the loom),

the correct water temp sensor for that engine (forms part of fuel calculations)

it would be easier just to install a megasquirt or link, but yeah, you can do it off the factory ecu

you _really_ need to make sure the firing order on the two engine is the same, if it isnt, find another ecu, I think you'd have alot of trouble if the firing orders are different. It's could be just as simple as changing the leads to the spark plugs, but I doubt it.

• 1 year later...

All u need off a 3tgte is exhaust mani and turbo sump and oil feed /return and its all bolt on factory ecu will take about 10psi on standard injectors don't push it pas there without dropping compression or your in for big shit as I found with my supercharged 2tgeu on 15psi

• 1 year later...