AllTorque's 1970 Buick Sportwagon

AllTorque

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Lines connect to the end of the bag. Instructions said to run the lines out the bottom but that seemed like a silly idea. I run them out the top and along the chassis to the rear bumper. There is a hole in the top of the top Spring mount. You also have the option of teeing the lines together or having two seperate valves.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yellow bulbs are from trade me and were really cheap. Like $15 a pair. As I said in the build thread, I'll probably ditch them because the heat from the 100w bulbs will likely ruin the reflector of the new lamps.

I have been busy. The trip to Hawkes Boes will be in the dark and previously the headlights have been terrible. Pretty keen to see where I'm going.

Another thing that never worked was the interior light. Mainly because it never had a bulb. I got one of those fancy modern led jobs and stuck it in. It goes all the time. Adjusted the door switch and flash harry light works properly. Probably should have fixed that a few years ago.

• 10 months later...
11 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

Any advice or links to "Make your wag less rusty for beginners" appreciated. 

Tip #1: Heat distorts the shit out of the parent metal as well as the patch you're adding, so use as little heat as possible for the shortest time possible. Thin MIG wire, short welds with a cool down time, and practice will help. Failing that; smash it all down with a huge hammer and bog over the lot

Tip #2: UJ has just about all of the tools, but he never works on cars because mint slice. If you wanna borrow anything just arsk.

• Like 2