storage units in and around christchurch

burrowssj

I'm contemplating renting a storage unit for my project car as the weather is starting to get to it (1970 cortina)

Need to know what im in for and what is reasonable rates ect as I really don't know what I should be paying for what services...

Basically what i'm after is a single car garage. Power is optional as I don't intend to do any major work on it while its there although having lights and a stereo there for when I do wana change over wheels and stuff would be a bonus. I know they are everywhere to be found but i'm wondering if anyone knows of any good ones or bad ones to stay away from? I'm in woolston so local is good but open to anything....

So yea who rents and where and what do you get and how much do you pay?

Tony's a great guy and right next door is a guy called John who runs Canary Autos, a good dude and petrol head and ace fabricator. he has done a bit of work on my Angryia, like sump baffling and engine rebuild plus some fabrication to make it easier to remove the gearbox without having to move the engine.

• 10 months later...

Apologies for bumping and old topic fellas but I'm starting to think after a harsh winter an no EQC garage replacement in sight that I should store my cortina while it's still in good nick... 

Does anyone actually use this storage place? I'm curious as to its accessibility. Is it the sorta place you can roll in and take your car for a drive every weekend or more a permanent get blocked in after parking sorta place? 

I've heard really good things about tony too, was originally going to have him look after my Datsun while living in aus. Kinda wish i had now! If it's there long term even starts them every now and again if you want him to.