Kirks bike club aka the Hardcone Hurricanes

KIRK

So yeh forgot i already made a bike gang like 6 years ago. Everybody left the country and/or sold bikes so we kind of disbanded but now reactivating as nasty nick bought a cb250 and i got this cg125 off cheater5 a couple days ago. mainly so i could sit my full licence.

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

had faulty speedo but i fixed that with some model aircraft glue. While i had it apart i managed to make all the lights stop working but sorted that this morning and took it for a wof. passed with flying colours.

its both the wierdest and slowest bike i've ever riden. gearbox is 4 down with neutral at the top which is doing my head in. good times.

guna goto repco now and do an oil change cos its a bit low and black. Also chain is real jerky...might just be loose but i suspect a missing tooth on one of the sprokets. Will have to take off silly chain guard to investigate. Also the gear lever seems to be wanting to fall off so will have to sort that aswel.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i cleaned and gaped the plug and its better now with nice blue spark, starts first pop but still has miss.

points gap is way too small. Cant even fit a .010 feeler guage in and i think range is .012-.016. I think i needa buy new points cos if i open it the timing is way off and theres no way to adjust it. Bantam do you know if the points are supposed to open/biggest gap at the T or the F mark on flywheel?

edit: also i needa honda flywheel puller. My normal puller wont fit and i'm too scared to wack it with a hammer incase i break something

yeh air filter was my first thought but it looks clean azzzz. maybe it has the wrong oil or something tho. might clean and reoil it and see if that helps

tightened up the chain and went for a bit of a ride just now before lunch. drove up a few mountains. I might look at changing the heel and toe style gear shifter for just a normal toe one. If i go over bumps fast and bounce on the seat my heal always lands on the shifter which is not ideal.

Time to goto work now lol

haha yeh its less than ideal. Old dude at vtnz was telling me about early honda dreams that were the same except they had no stop after top and if you didn't count the gears you could change from 4th into 1st lol

so have been trying to fix/improve handling on velodrome bike. Got some forks with some rake, was hard to find bmx forks like that. will need to trim some threads off the top and get new brake. if these forks dont make it better i will put 24 inch or 26 inch forks and wheel on the front

also have chopped off the seat tube clamp thing down to level with the top tube and trying to work out how to attach the seat lower down.

IMG_0653.jpg

might just weld the seat post onto the seat tube as its sitting in this photo. seems to be ideal solution which doesn't involve using any new materials...

also i hung some of my bikes from the roof. great space saver:

IMG_0654.jpg

thats plan C but probably the best option. I can't weld it good enough with my arc welder to guarantee that it wont break lol. plan B of fitting longer forks and bigger wheel will do the same thing though

if i was guna do that i'd just build a better frame/i've already started one but with 26 inch wheels and a bigger engine

yeh oldschool bmx forks. realy light maybe cromo or something. tempted to use them on my hmx500 frame cos i cant find any other cool + light wieght except for 100+ on ebay

yes red card member. my strategy will be to stop talking. cos i don't realy have the skills to do anything except dream

time to go do some fuckn work now. grass may have dried out enough(99% sure it hasn't). need to work more in mt eden and onehunga where the dirt is never soft

its a pretty new chinese mountain bike frame and it had 1 inch forks in it to begin with/maybe/close enough lol. have choped the head tube and put bearing cups from milazo bmx that i got the chrome forks from in it. the chrome forks are also 1 inch

been working on my blue bmx today. fitted new blue chain and took apart the headset and cleaned/regreased/adjusted. also adjusted the front hub and it rides soooo much nicer now. Found this sweet blue seat on some guys lawn

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

im trying to make everything blue on this. don't want to restore just make it lush with old parts. I'm looking for a 20x1.75 araya chrome front rim the same as the one on the back if anybody has one? actualy i would like 3 of them. Or something blue.

also would like a blue brake caliper for the front. have a blue brake lever.

next plan is to get some tyres like this:

raleigh-burner-tyres-blue.jpg

does anybody know if someplace in nz sells anything similar?

lol yeh iduno if they're bent. i took them out but they seem like they might be supposed to be like that. but it would explain why i got it with no front wheel

i asked t whites and searched the whole internet but nobody in nz seems to sell the blue kenda tyres or any other blue tyre which everybody overseas sells. nz is stupid. i found a shop online that sells blue kenda kontacts for $13 usa each but was $40 usa for shipping and er body on ebay with them either has only one in stock or wont ship international