MahaMana's Mini Clubman

MahaMana

badass! had never seen this on here til now. love it!

has it gotcamber adjusters added to the rear? you can get them and they're easy enough to install. doesn't give that much adjustment but lets you dial out the positive camber thas factory.

I made some camber adjusters years ago on mine. They are REALLY simple. Just a bit of angle, some threaded rod and some nuts.... I might even be able to come up with a photo of them from the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR distant past. I also found that all the cool mini stuff was really expensive just because it comes from the UK. It was far cheaper to work it out yourself and have it made locally!

But just remove the big nut at the end of the radius arm, then the little bracket comes off with 3 bolts.

What you need to do is slot the big hole that the radius arm rod goes through. Slot it up to increase the negative camber.

Once you slot it, just put it all back together, don't tighten up the big nut until the car is back on the ground. The weight of the car will push the radius arm rod thing up to the top of your slot. Then tighten it up.

Of course you will need to do some maths to work out how many mm for one degree of camber.

If you get a wheel alignment, you will probably find that the wheels are pointing in all sorts of directions. They aren't exactly precision built.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha thanks bro thats some goood info! get a picture of yours man that would be cool! I will look into it at somestage. i thinnk proper rear camber kit is about 200 bucks aye.

The vacuum advance has been taken off. I was told it was more for ecconomy any pfft, who needs economy haha

$2hundy? mmaaaaaaaannnn bring some in from the uk yourself if you don't wana make them, will be cheap as.

same with those steering column drop brackets. drill, hacksaw and a vice is all you need (plus some steel hah)

you should be able to roll no vac advance with no detrimental effect to running.

haha thanks bro thats some goood info! get a picture of yours man that would be cool! I will look into it at somestage. i thinnk proper rear camber kit is about 200 bucks aye.

As requested, I looked BACK IN TIME!!!!! And found some old pictures.

MVC-660F.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

Kinda really hard to see it there...

cambertrackingbrackets.jpg

It's basically a copy of the bracket on the left. Simple as!

I think I also drilled a new inner pivot for the radius arm rod thing in the sub frame. So it gave it a bunch of camber which I could fine turn with the adjuster.

Here, have a photo bomb. You may or may not be interested.

I got it in around 1998..... I think.

MVC-003S.jpg

This was after maybe a year or two.

Then... it got a little out of hand.

tylerminipor15.jpg

The nephew. He's 14 now!!!

dash.jpg

Made a sweet dash!

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

BRAKES.jpg

MG Metro 4pot brakes.

MVC-561F.jpg

MVC-563F.jpg

These are "adjusties" for a mini. The long ones go in the back. The back and front ones are the same, you just don't use an extension for the front. Anyone with a lathe could make them for SFA.

At that point it had become too big and taken too long. I had just bought my Starlet. It was about 2002-3 and I sold it to a guy in Featherston. AFAIK it never got finished.

Sorry for the hijack :rolleyes:

Man thats Orsome cheers for that! I am going to be looking at doing the suspension upgrades and camber over the next two months, it has hi-lows (adjusties) but needs hard springs instead of those gay rubber cups haha.

Pity it never got completed man. I love the dash man, I will use that as inspration for when I do mine.

hey is that an orange Datsun 510? and is it yours?

those gay rubber cups are harder than any spring you'll want to convert it to (if you'd even be able to? wat)

also, you can get 'competition' rubber springs that are harder than stock ones.

choice.

I was thinking of getting this setup;

undercarrigedm5.jpg

7125360045_large.jpg

I have not reserched the spring rates of those springs yet, I can only assume they would be harder otherwise what would be the point.

Cheers for the info though :)

mahamana saw you burn past a day or two ago, first time i've seen your car. shame you didnt make it to the welly meet, see ya next month!

Haha, I hope I wasn't driving over 50 kmph haha. Yeah man I was on my way out and everything then my exhaust fell off baha! I will make a real effort to make it out next month

How much you reckon it would warp?

Shit I'm not sure. There is a brace in place from the sunroof, it is quite strong.. I'm wondering if that is left in place when whoever ends up doing it, it wont warp.

that suspension setup is whack eh! I've always thought minis were tight enough stock. lots of race minis just run the stock cones.

seems like a bit of pissing around for little/no gain.

As I said man I havent really looked into my options yet. But I will but some new shocks.

Man thats Orsome cheers for that! I am going to be looking at doing the suspension upgrades and camber over the next two months, it has hi-lows (adjusties) but needs hard springs instead of those gay rubber cups haha.

Pity it never got completed man. I love the dash man, I will use that as inspration for when I do mine.

hey is that an orange Datsun 510? and is it yours?

As said earlier, those gay rubber cups are epic high spring rate. You just need some good shocks and you won't need to slow down for corners anymore.

The dash is just custom wood with vinyl wrapped around it. I think the sections were held together with aluminium tabs, and the self tappers you can see.

The 510 was my older Bro's. He sold it about 10 years ago, those photos are pretty old.

MiniWorld Magazine had a writeup on suspension mods in the most recent issue.

I can scan and post pics for you if you want to take a look?

Cheers for the that man, I think the guys are right, I should get some shocks befor I look at the "gay rubber cups" :lol:

Im running Gaz adjustable dampers on mine with hilos and standard cups. Id say those springs are more for wank factor than anything else. For them in the uk that have bought everything else. lol.

Gaz, thats a brand I was looking at, have you had good experience with them?