yetchh 121

cubastreet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I kept mine now, especially the RX-5 because I have never seen a tidy one in NZ pre or since I owned them.

Then again I guess every ol'skool piner on here regrets getting rid of at least one car.

I did keep the "RE-130AP" badge which I sold back then for $150 due to its rarity. Hate to think what one is worth these days.

Been waiting around for R100 to finish his for about 14 years...... One day ay Andrew?

Keep the updates coming Yetchh, its refreshing to see something unique on here

Hah, picked the engine, box and diff to day and noticed that the dif is 5 stud WTF?!.. discovered after a bit of research that its an ms112 diff hahaha.. dunno what happened to my rx5 diff, no matter as I'm starting to consider my BW one anyway

Fuck my memory's bad.. have no idea where the crown diff came from, will bolt straight into my ms75 and give me rear discs.. funny shit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Do you or any know where any old 121/rx5s are to buy for parts ? ill travel anywhere in north island

Rotorek had 3(?) (one was a genuine rx5) when they were based in wellsford. but they (Rotorek) sold a couple of months ago and are now based in Ashburton... probably your best bet though.

A guy was wrecking two 121's here in chch, but they both went to the crushers about 2 months ago as well.. I managed to score some parts before they went but forgot about the front chassis strut as mine is bent.. what sort of parts are you after?

Ideally just after a complete car to sit rotting in my yard to use parts off for my cosmo. I plan on keeping my cosmo for ever and ever (owned it 17 years now). Before i know it parts will be impossible to find. Will try track down Roteck

• 4 months later...

Cheers bro, taking a bit longer than I originally planned but I have a family on the way and my time and money are suddenly being diverted.. that and for some reason instead of just putting it back together I had to go and start doing a nice job hahaha...

As for the 929 that was when I did a bare metal on it in '97'.. somehow managed to do the whole thing including buying it tyres, paint and rereg for under 2.5..

• Like 1