yetchh 121

cubastreet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Print these and show to him? Sounds like he's not doubting you so much as just wants some confirmation

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=ahn532

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=iw1666

R100 on here might have more info

If you get stuck I can get the guy who's family had the mazda dealership down here for 3 generations to write a letter.

Think I might be bit fucked.. talked to the main guy at vtnz and said it had to be official from Mazda or a sales brochure showing such information.. rang Mazda nz and the guy wasn't very helpful, all I asked was for a letter from them stating that the 121 was available in nz from 1975 through to 1979 with the option of either the 1.8 or 2.0 and he started getting all official and asking chassis numbers and talking a about research etc.. am I be unreasonable expecting them to just write that? I mean it's nothing to them, as it's all true anyway.. sort of..

Sorry Dane, I have to correct you.. I think you mean 1769 vc, that's also a brochure for a landau.. I think with the underseal he's just being cautious, I mean how many people would try it on having bogged the fuck out of something then pass it of as sweet..

Put a call out over the OS airwaves for someone who works for a Mazda Parts department. I may be able to go to the Wellington one tomorrow morning and ask there but if someone on the site is already in that position it may be easier.

• Like 1

Yeah, it maybe the best option.. tho I rang blackwells and they were pretty useless.. just need the right person to answer the phone at Mazda nz..

Email people. I have found in the past if you ring Mazda the person on the phone is generally half the age of the car you are calling about and because they don't won't to sound dumb, they just say they can't help. If you email, eventually it will get passed to the old guy who's been there for ever and knows the cars and info you want. Also emails count as official documents.

• Like 1

I scratched my head all afternoon and remembered this guy so you could give him a call http://www.carmagreviews.co.nz/default.aspx?Page=106

He is a member off here and his name is Julian. He most probably has a brochure or a magazine that relates to what you need.

I think there was someone else on here who had untold brochures from the 70's and 80's but I can't remember his user name. I'll keep thinking.