yetchh 121

cubastreet

55 minutes ago, yetchh said:

Yeah it's defo vapour lock at the pump, hooked the feed to the return line and let it run for a couple of minutes. Pump stayed nice and cool but as soon as I plumbed it all back up and ran the car the pump got almost too hot to hold and it started cavitating.

Looks like I need a new regulator.. 

Did you check the flow out of the regulator with it plumbed up?  I've wrecked fuel pumps due to a crimped/blocked return line.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Nominal said:

Did you check the flow out of the regulator with it plumbed up?  I've wrecked fuel pumps due to a crimped/blocked return line.

When I plumbed the feed to the return and ran it, it seemed to run fine with no restrictions. I think the regulators not releasing pressure at idle, whether the diaphragm is stuck after all these years I'm not sure.. Might see if I can free it up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bro I can't stay out of it.. Goes sooooo much nicer than the shitter carb. At least 5 times now have I driven it, adjusted something then not saved it at the end.. Store is one button click away, need to put a postit note on the steering wheel to remind me. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hey @yetchh just taking a closer look at your pics for your EFI conversion.

It looks like you are using Codan Automotive Fuel Hose (WP 12 BAR) for your setup.

If this hose is on the high pressure side it will fail a cert (which the car needs as of April 1st.. :( ) as this hose isn't technically EFI rated. It's SAE J30R6, needs to be J30R9. The J30R6 actually doesn't cope too well with the heat in your engine bay and can go a bit hard and start cracking over time.

Basically, Supercheap Auto sells shitdick hose that you'd expect to be fine for EFI but legally isn't.

• Like 1