yetchh 121

cubastreet

Noice. This car is neat.  Although I had to search for the discussion because your thread link was deeeeead as fuuuuck. (unless I fucked it up) 

Anyway. 

How long until a early seventies fjord gets some luvin? 

• Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kyteler said:

Noice. This car is neat.  Although I had to search for the discussion because your thread link was deeeeead as fuuuuck. (unless I fucked it up) 

Anyway. 

How long until a early seventies fjord gets some luvin? 

Cheers bro.. Yeah there's def an issue with the link(fixed) have to repost it.. If your referring to the rusted hulk in the next tent, then that will be some time away.. Got two others to get through first:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

This car is so sweet. Loved hooning around in it at Nats.

Yeah man that was some good times, nats in general.. 

On 01/05/2016 at 00:03, maxted said:

this thing is awesome! can't believe i have only just read this thread, can you tell me more about the efi intake ect? is it a fuel only set up? is it factory off a MA in something? 

Soz bro, I only just noticed your question.. 3 years later.. The efi is off the 1st gen HB cosmo 2000egi, 80-81 I think, then they changed to the fe. Turns the engine in to a totally different beast with the efi.. 

• 5 months later...

Your tps woes...

I've never needed to open one up but if it's a standard 3 wire jobby then I'm having a guess that they are just a potentiameter inside? If so then could it possibly just be a case of swapping the left and right wire so it works in reverse? 

But for all I know they might contain far more magic inside then that and us mere mortals should not be messing with them... 

• Like 2

On 19/10/2019 at 08:25, yoeddynz said:

Your tps woes...

I've never needed to open one up but if it's a standard 3 wire jobby then I'm having a guess that they are just a potentiameter inside? If so then could it possibly just be a case of swapping the left and right wire so it works in reverse? 

But for all I know they might contain far more magic inside then that and us mere mortals should not be messing with them... 

Yeah, I do have one already that I got last time I could have used, it's preloaded in the wrong direction but like you say they're pretty simple and the link just needs to see the variation from open to shut so I should have worked.. The one I got has no preload on it, no matter as I had to mount them the same anyway.. 

20 minutes ago, sheepers said:

Ive said it before and I'll say it again,  I fucking live this car. 

Great to see you able to get some time to work on it. 

I've decided to bring it to nats so you can be underwhelmed in the flesh.. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it's defo vapour lock at the pump, hooked the feed to the return line and let it run for a couple of minutes. Pump stayed nice and cool but as soon as I plumbed it all back up and ran the car the pump got almost too hot to hold and it started cavitating.

Looks like I need a new regulator..