SEEN88's 1985 GX71 Cressida

SEEN88

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sw20 rear inserts at the front and 45mm washers at the bottom of the strut or you can get them shortened to keep them captive. Cut or compressed springs for the front (unless you wanna get coilover sleeves welded on)

Your standard springs will work ;) or you can get celica st205 and ma61 front springs and it should work too (cut them maybe?) thats what i did for mine anyway. certifiers said as long as they are captive it should be ok... depends on the certifier really.. cut 1.5 coils will make it just above legal height

For the rears

AE86 shocks to keep the rears captive, holden ones and rav 4 shocks should fit too..

for the springs USE ford falcon springs. (cut them) they're thick so your car will handle really nice. can lower your car 100mm lower than stock no probs.

• Like 1

^^ Yup! the welder needs to be certified (needs a copy of his/her certification)+ what truenotch said :) and they have a copy of the lvvta tyre size list so you'll have to get the right tyres sizefor it.. 215 55 15 for an 8" now i think :( gay aye...:( one way is to get camber plates and just get a cert with wide tyres and change them later on.. or bolt on flares :) haha.. may as well aye haha

and you may need to get modified bump stops.. probably a universal bumpstop from part master. they cost about $30 each. they dont allow cut bump stops now haha :) it gives you more travel as well.

I'm keen on the stuff you have, I can sort the modified bumpstops from somewhere like that. I have 195/45/15s on the wheels atm, I will possibly lower it on the standard wheels and see what that's like when I have the bits and pieces, then I can just get WOFs with the standard wheels maybe..

Powder, I want my 1G to sound something like yours! I want a period correct muffler/tip similar to yours, none of this dumpy shit. Anyone got any idea where I could find something of the sort, or would I be better to get something made up?

Boom

I want a period correct muffler/tip similar to yours, none of this dumpy shit.

And I know you have good taste. :lol:

the 1G should sound okay with a bit of a 'free up' exhaust wise, but dont quote me.

The twincam ones definitely do, and even the ole 5M-GE sounds okay :D