skyline body pickup and dismantle from waimate?

mark105

there is this auction http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =485569096 and if the diff is what he says it is i would buy it now.

problem is for the effort for me to get a hold of said diff and it not be what its stated as would be a big let down.

so is it possible for some one to do the old jack it up and make sure both rears spin the same way trick and then check if there is any slip in it to make sure its not just a locker?

then the next bit is i only want the diff and half shafts and the rear brake setup if it is disk brake rear end. so would any one on here want the rest of the car for free? as the only other option would be to send to a scrappie. due to the way the auction is worded i doubt its of any use asking if he would sell separate as by the looks they just want it all gone.

so yeah if any one is keen to help me in this escapade it would be appreciated. this is not the first attempt i have had at obtaining one of these diffs. i do realise its a big ask so of course i am willing to pay/beers/hand shandys to make it happen.

If it's a Passage it'll be a Jap spec one, looks like it was probably a non turbo so there's a smallish chance it'll have an LSD. I probably would have kept it under my hat that there might be an R200 LSD for $70 judging by what the last one sold for on Trademe :)

If it's a Passage it'll be a Jap spec one, looks like it was probably a non turbo so there's a smallish chance it'll have an LSD. I probably would have kept it under my hat that there might be an R200 LSD for $70 judging by what the last one sold for on Trademe :)

so, if it is poverty spec, will it still have vented front discs?? 14 or 15 " steelies??

I probably would have kept it under my hat that there might be an R200 LSD for $70 judging by what the last one sold for on Trademe :)

I thought about it but due to its location I was always going to need help with it so not much I can do there.

I guess all I really need is some one who can pick it up, check it, if its useless then take it to the scrappies so I can get something back for it. If some one can do that then I'll just buy it but chances are some one from Christchurch beats me to it being datsun capital and all is highly likely.

Slim pickings on Trademe at the moment but there's this one:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/diffs-axles/auction-487296844.htm

And I'm pretty sure James (85_Z31) used the centre out of a GTR diff in his car, you'd be best to check with him if you want to go down that road.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/diffs-axles/auction-486550146.htm

Physically they are easy to fit in a long nose housing, you just need some spacers for the crownwheel bolts and to get it set up again, I didn't have the know how to do it so I paid a shop down here, it was $50 for the first diff and $60 for the 2nd.

yeh did some reading and shortnose R200 center into a long nose housing looks piece of cake. At most id need some spacers for the crown wheel if i dont already have a 12mm bolt setup and bart can do those for cheap as chips.

i would roll with my universal axles as i already have everything in that department including the stubs. i got no problem setting up the diff so i would just do all that my self in that department.

that GTR unit would be fine as long as it is a clutch pack center and not viscous. im waiting for the seller to confirm its a clutch and if so im going to buy it most likely. the only possible difference between the units if they are both CLSD's is if the GTR one isnt a 2 way unit the nismo and something like a 1.5 way unit but im yet to find information about the factory R32 GTR lsd's

The GTR ones are clutch in the R32s, they go a bit funny in the other cars I think they get some electronics added to some of them. They have different spline shafts so there might be a bit of dicking around there, I think James had to change some bits but don't quote me on that.