Kickers 260C discussion

Beaver

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The headers are made for a Z, a guy called Peter at a motorcycle exhaust shop called Custom Chambers makes them. He has a jig he makes them on, they are the ones you see on trademe, another dude sells them on his behalf.

Mine fit the body sweet, there was a small clearance issue going past the bellhousing, I had a yarn with him and he said they are made a close fit and it looks like the manifold area on my head has been machined which would affect it. He offered to mod the exhaust for me but I just put some heat on it and banged a small spot flat.

• Like 1

^Cheers man, I secretly pine your hardtop, I would have preferred one of those but I like the subtle difference in styling the sedan has.

Richy, looks like I spoke too soon, one of the pipes after the collector (the same one that was too close to the gearbox) touches the control arm near full lock, will probably give it more of the same treatment, what a rough bastard.

Pic from today

10972260985_9faf63c682_c.jpg

The heater tap is now in the way so I'll have to move that too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers chaps, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Richy, yeah it's the perfect spot, the only tricky part was finding a shallow depth head unit as normal ones are about an inch too long. I got the Sony DSX-A60BT (non cd headunit) which is only 120mm deep vs 177mm,  I made up a bracket to cover the open side and glued some vinyl to it.

I was looking at a couple of diffs that had been on a while but snagged a different one that popped up a bit cheaper, hopefully it fits without any issues haha

I'll get the holes patched then chuck on chrome mirrors, they are definitely a nicer shape.

I've pretty much decided I'm gonna do that now... or alternatively I wish there was some kind of readily available "black box" type media receiver that could be controlled soley through an Android or iPhone app... effectively a headunit complete with DSP that has no front end and can be stashed away under a seat or in the boot and be controlled via bluetooth.

I've pretty much decided I'm gonna do that now... or alternatively I wish there was some kind of readily available "black box" type media receiver that could be controlled soley through an Android or iPhone app... effectively a headunit complete with DSP that has no front end and can be stashed away under a seat or in the boot and be controlled via bluetooth.

Such Idea, So want, wow