Chris,s Scrapping Slamiler

Chris.QCR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i was a bit of a bright light to them once they had seen it.

I consider it well built. Really thick wall box section all round. 1500KG bearings,stubs,hubs,coupling.

We have towed it up to 200 kmhr (On a race track of course) and it was really stable. That was with camber. I havent towed it further than the block of Hornby since changing the camber to 0 deg. will be interesting.

I had two people enquire about building other slamilers but have passed as im pretty happy to have created one.

It was fun having the camber based on the facial expressions you got when towing. Countless folk yelling out thier windows saying your Axles are bent!

Haha

Plan to build a front nose cone and enclose guards on the inside. Thinking of more of a bomber plane theme with a couple pinup girls on the sides.

• 1 month later...

As I am a WOF inspector all this talk of slammed trailers got me looking into the rules, so I rang NZTA and was told;

There is no requirement for a trailer to have suspension.

There is no minimum height for a trailer.

Now I wan one damn it.

this is now relevant to my interests as im planning on building a low slung car trailer in the near future :)

typical ltnz,as vague as any of us after a hard night on the piss.however,im with you guys,if its custom built below 100mm to begin with its not technically modified so shouldnt need cert.as it is i was going to make my chassis rails sit bang on 100mm off the rd,because way i see it with the right length ramps any car should be able to get on it :)