CAD drawing library

Spencer

Anybody keen to draw up the brake caliper bracket ive had made, so i can get some more cut? Willing to pay beers/bourbon/monies if someone could do one up that i could give straight to a cnc place. Ive downloaded the Draftsight program but gonna take me awhile to figure most of that out i think.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck up dimensions and a drawing/scan and someone will help. I will If I get some time, still havnt got around to uploading all the drawings I have

Cheers wil do when i grab the bracket outta the shed tomorrow

Ok this is what i managed to do this arvo.

If anyone can help do a cad file for this thatd be sweet.

And if it needs more measurements i can do that too

img002.jpg

Black dots are holes, with diameters next to them.

Ive labelled them 1-7 and the distances between these holes are down the right hand side of the pic.

Thought I'd have a quick bash at it this morning. I've filled in some of the measurements, they don't all add up, which is not really surprising. Some checks against the drawing would be a good idea.

Also the large hole is only positioned by eye. As far as I could tell there were no measurements to help with locating it? Even a measurement from the center of each orbiting hole to the edge of the big one would help.

Same for the meat around the perimiter, some measurements from the holes to the outer edge would help.

Screenshot2012-07-06at120425PM.png

Screenshot2012-07-06at120410PM.png

thing.dxf

* edit * updated drawings

Actually, a scan with one or two dimensions is probably the easiest way to do this. Saves all the measurements, and maddening requests! ha ha

Would it be easier if i dropped off the bracket to you so you could measure what you needed? Is off the car at the mo so no problem to do it. Can also drop off beer etc at same time :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spence, how big is your cad drawing folder?

Just thinking it would probably be easier to zip them all up and host them in one file. Then index them here and people can grab the lot and find what they want.

I can host it on a private server that is up 24/7 for if you want.

• 2 weeks later...