CAD drawing library

Spencer

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will find the couple that I have

And for anyone wanting to try drawing their own flanges, use a program called Draftsight http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/overview/

For people who know Autocad, it is 99.9% the same except legitimately free, made by Dassault (Solidworks company) because they got pissed off with Autodesk charging so much for Autocad

For people who dont know, it will take a bit of mucking around but it is a very capable program for making line drawings of things such as flanges. Anything drawn in this program can be sent to companies for laser cutting as a .dxf or .dwg format. You might be able to learn something and get a better price for laser cutting yourself

Also, as with many others here, I can draw things up if needed

From my experience, a 10mm steel flange cut to within 0.1mm costs around $50 when laser cutting with a usable drawing supplied

Cool well KY get back to me when you have sorted something with the hosting.

Fired up my old PC and hit the jackpot haha, I have probably 50 various DXF files to chuck up a whole swag of turbo flanges, 4age everything, 4g63 flanges etc.

Yea cool, I'll have to grab a copy and check it out. I use CAD most days at work and have it at home on the work laptop so its ingrained in me now, used to hate it after using solidworks for ages.

Anyway here some of the shit from the old PC, some random stuff haha. There is no point chucking it up on those share sites then doing it again. So at some point I'll I'll go through and put them all in .dxf and make sure they are metric etc

snapyp.jpg

• Like 1

was bored last night when OS was down, set this up.

http://cad.10-5.info log in with user and pass as "oldschool"

got 2gb space and 100gb bandwidth there which i dont use at all so should be sweet.

i will do a bit of a write up as to how cutting companies generally want drawings sent to them to save on engineering time if people would find it useful.

ill do a little write up, any file can be made good.

also draftsight that pete posted a link to is awesome, is just like autocad in so many ways, im used to autocad and solidworks also and i just jumped in it just now and you can do everything the autocad way and pretty much no need for relearning shit. best bit its free so no fucking round with stuff when shit gets updated.

And for anyone wanting to try drawing their own flanges, use a program called Draftsight http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/overview/

For people who know Autocad, it is 99.9% the same except legitimately free, made by Dassault (Solidworks company) because they got pissed off with Autodesk charging so much for Autocad

For people who dont know, it will take a bit of mucking around but it is a very capable program for making line drawings of things such as flanges. Anything drawn in this program can be sent to companies for laser cutting as a .dxf or .dwg format. You might be able to learn something and get a better price for laser cutting yourself

From my experience, a 10mm steel flange cut to within 0.1mm costs around $50 when laser cutting with a usable drawing supplied

How do i set dimensions so if i want a 10mm diameter circle i can type in 5 to the set radius bit and not get a massive huge circle. Didnt really get through much CAD stz at tech.

Night class maybe? haha would like to be able to just draw up my own shit now i have downloaded this program.

How do i set dimensions so if i want a 10mm diameter circle i can type in 5 to the set radius bit and not get a massive huge circle. Didnt really get through much CAD stz at tech.

Night class maybe? haha would like to be able to just draw up my own shit now i have downloaded this program.

Format > Unit system

It should be set to mm as default, so if it is just zoom out if the circle is too huge when entering it as "5mm rad"

I've done a night class but wouldn't really recommend it. Probably spending an hour or two with someone who really knows what they are doing would probably be better in the long run.

Best thing about courses is learning all the short cuts. I've managed to forget them all already, but even just hitting enter to return to the previous tool you used makes things so much quicker. "Ctrl x" to "delete" things, etc etc. as I say, someone who knows there stuff will run you through the key stuff quick as.

I just want to see an example of what a fabricator would expect to see, particularly so they can jam it straight into a CNC.