mattj

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'MATTYJ's Anglia Speed Shop'

Has a good ring about it. Do it!!!!

Anyway. A guy I know has these two plus two more stashed away.

20150923_183202.jpg

If i had some of that money stuff I would buy one from him. I just love the tiny size of Anglias. I loved driving Glens little car at Hanmer. Its so under powered but so magical. I'd love a 100e 2 door but hardly any around and Dean Rainbow wont sell me his rusty one :-(

Was hoping to make a date to see your car on Friday Matt but wanted to get home early for other things. Shane is going to get his Anglia out to me soon so I can start fitting my old 12A turbo into it. :-)

One owner :o

I agree. Keep it sleeper spec and surprise a few at the lights. You could always get a spare bonnet later on and cut a hole in that eh?

Those wheels.... so big.

Those tyres... so... rubberband spec.

I figure its due to brake clearances needed?..

Engine bay looks so choice. Rotaries.. so cool. They always look great when simple like that. Man I cant wait to see this on the road and also along at some Nelson OS meets.  You make sure you book off next years Hanmer meet too!

For extra spark and smooth running you could get one extra coil, buy three bosch ignitors and run two of the coils for the leading plugs bypassing the dizzy cap but using the pick up inside to trigger the ignitors. You'll be running those two coils as a wasted spark setup direct from coil to plug.

You then run the third coil via the trailing trigger but run the leads via the now redundant old leading lead positions on the dizzy cap. This means the trailing spark now only jumps one gap in the dizzy rather than two.

I did this with the 12A in my Viva and it made a very noticeable difference to the idle and general smoothness, especially about town and under light loads. Well worth doing.

There is a very good thread about it all here...

http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=96724&start=0

• Like 3

I agree. Keep it sleeper spec and surprise a few at the lights. You could always get a spare bonnet later on and cut a hole in that eh?

Those wheels.... so big.

Those tyres... so... rubberband spec.

I figure its due to brake clearances needed?..

Engine bay looks so choice. Rotaries.. so cool. They always look great when simple like that. Man I cant wait to see this on the road and also along at some Nelson OS meets.  You make sure you book off next years Hanmer meet too!

For extra spark and smooth running you could get one extra coil, buy three bosch ignitors and run two of the coils for the leading plugs bypassing the dizzy cap but using the pick up inside to trigger the ignitors. You'll be running those two coils as a wasted spark setup direct from coil to plug.

You then run the third coil via the trailing trigger but run the leads via the now redundant old leading lead positions on the dizzy cap. This means the trailing spark now only jumps one gap in the dizzy rather than two.

I did this with the 12A in my Viva and it made a very noticeable difference to the idle and general smoothness, especially about town and under light loads. Well worth doing.

There is a very good thread about it all here...

http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=96724&start=0

Ha ha, I decided early on that I wanted to run 15s I think the brakes would fit under 13s but have never tried. The overall diameter of the wheels and tyres is now about the same as the standard Anglia (within about 10mm), just more rim and less tyre.

That's an interesting read on the igniters, I bought the dizzy off Trade-Me years ago so have no idea of the actual condition of it (and the igniters) but fingers crossed it will run ok. The first goal is to get it running then I can worry about making it run nice, if that is even possible with a Bridgeport.....

I ordered a smaller filter today, but I am going to modify that other bonnet as well, I have an idea on making it look a bit cooler and working with the big filter.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

For fancy links
[ url = (paste url here but you don't want spaces. ) ] type what you want to be seen here [ / url ( no spaces here too) ]

To thank me you can come along on our Sunday meet at Kaiteriteri, have a bbq and talk shit about old cars.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ha ha nah I didn't drive it, it was hemorrhaging oil and none of the gauges were working so I managed enough restraint to push it back in the garage and wait till i get those things sorted. I will put up a video of I can figure out how rotate it, stupid phone keeps rotating it to the side.

Sounds pretty good though

• Like 3