Matt's Rotary Anglia

mattj

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the comments guys,

Did a tig course at polytech a couple of years ago and then just been using it when I can, I would like to get a tig welder for home but my mig does everything I need for now plus most of the stuff I have to do is small stuff so can just take it into work.

If you are serious about learning I would recommend doing a course, the one I did was something like 13 or 14 weeks for 3 hours on a Monday night and only cost about $300, money well spent.......

I did the course with matt, definitely recommend it too. If for nothing else other than from the minute you walk in the door you start welding, all the material is precut for you so you actually get through a lot of welding in three hours, and you have the tutor there to give you pointers/tell you what your doing wrong.

Yeah those courses- Hannah was gonna do a welding course up here at nmit in nelson - a ten week course but they only do it once a year and she missed the last one. I myself know the basics but also know i'll be pretty shit to start with so I will just practise for now. And teach Hannah my crap tig skills.

• 1 year later...

They fit pretty good, considering they were just some I found on trade-me, nope no steering issues at all. I did have to cut back the front of the guard but that is more to do with the mk2 Cortina suspension geometry. It's a pretty typical mod apparently.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome project, not many of these around these days, good work bud!

Cheers yeah there is actually a surprising amount of Anglia's round Nelson although I don't think they get out of the garage to often.

I have been watching the build up of your 3 with interest, I had a coupe a few years back with a 13b turbo in it and wish now that I had never sold it

Any flex in your seat mounts?

They look pretty light.

No they are pretty good, the seat brackets add some stiffness to them as well and by the time they are bolted to the floor they can't really go anywhere. I thought when I made them that I could add some gussets if need be but I don't think it will be necessary.

• 6 months later...

Hi Matt, I saw you were selling all your X flow bits off and wondered why.

Personally I wish I had gone that route with mine to begin with, it looks like some one should get a good deal if they buy it all

It's interesting to see that those Milton steering arms are not legal in NZ.

The guy that runs 105 speed is adamant that they are, and if they're not then stiff.

Yeah I know I couldn't get a straight answer on how they were put together so figured I would take the risk and see. In fairness the guy at Milton told me that i might have problems with them. The thing that surprised me was the quality of them they are a bit average to be honest considering how the guys over there wank on about them

The other bits I got were ok though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...