Matt's Rotary Anglia

mattj

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Valiant said:

Sucks to be the guy in the Clubsport. He got beaten by a Colt and an Anglia!

Clubsport may have been driven by a Mum with kids in the back...

Anglia is nicely balanced, so much grip at both ends. I should have worn ear plugs, a few hours in the Anglia took me a few days for the ringing to stop. Bring a Valiant next year! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/06/2020 at 20:58, yoeddynz said:

Thread dredge @mattj  Hannah saw an anglia, with what she was pretty sure sounded like a rotary engine,  when she was running in Kaiteriteri today. Was it yours Matt?

Hey Alex, nah wasn't me, I haven't had the car out since Chrome back in March. I do remember hearing that there was another one being built in Nelson but I haven't seen it.

On 21/06/2020 at 21:57, Valiant said:

Good timing. 

I was thinking about this car the other day.

Is it still going well?

Yeah still going good, needs to be faster though so have started getting some bits together for it

• Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 22:59, Willdat? said:

Clubsport may have been driven by a Mum with kids in the back...

Anglia is nicely balanced, so much grip at both ends. I should have worn ear plugs, a few hours in the Anglia took me a few days for the ringing to stop. Bring a Valiant next year! 

Ha ha, your ears are just soft from spending time in the Colt

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2020 at 20:35, mattj said:

Hey Alex, nah wasn't me, I haven't had the car out since Chrome back in March. I do remember hearing that there was another one being built in Nelson but I haven't seen it.

The painter at my old workplace bought my 12a turbo from my Viva to fit into his Anglia. He's still whittling away on that. I think he's going to go injection and get Stuart Bubb to give the engine a tickleup.

• 2 years later...

Yeah still have all the photos, just got sick of photobucket asking for money so deleted my account with them. 

Still have the car, has had a few upgrades but is in bits at the moment while I try and source some motivation to get it finished

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Matt, I’d be really keen to have a chat to you about your CNC machined steering arms, I understand you had them approved by LVVTA/Certed? Did they pass bump test with the longer Zephyr tie rods?

Any chance you still have the CAD file or could arrange to have a set machined for me?  

I’m desperate to get a solution sorted for mine and have also been down the Milton route as you had originally.

Cheers

Kelvin