Llama's 1974 CB200 Bobber/Brat Project

Vintage Grumble

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress on the 350 engine has been made.

It chewed up the tach side cam journal, and the cam lobes and rocker arms are all pretty worn. Need to source a new cam, but may be able to get a good one on trademe. Found rockers and tach journal though. Tried yahoo japan auctions but was rather difficult... Will be going up another size in pistons as the bore has corrosion, but the valves and guides were all in good nick. Guy at glen eden engine reconditions has been rather helpful, although had no idea about the crank. Crank feels OK and there is no runout, so I'm not going to have it taken apart. Get the bearings polished to remove the oxidation and hopefully it should be fine. A few gears need replacing, and then we should be set!

Might swap out my 200 frame for a 350 frame just to save hassle. Problem is the spare shocks/wheels/brakes I have are all 200 stuff.

• 4 months later...

Well, just as I get all my CB350 bits together, the CB200 decided to shit itself. Sounds like I've broken the cam chain or dropped a valve or something. Won't turn over and I won't get the chance to look at it for a week or so. Anyone else got another 200 engine lying around haha?