Class two truck license Christchurch

Supercluck

Trying to find whats the cheapest way to get my truck license in Christchurch. Been looking round and no one say prices haha. Just wondered if someone had looked into it before, seems pretty pricy no matter how I do it. Otherwise will start ringing around people

Salvation Army Employment Plus in Wellington do a Class 2 licence course, free if you are on the benefit but you have to be referred by WINZ. Might be worth calling to see if something similar is in ChCh but if you are currently employed this won't be much help.

Trying to find whats the cheapest way to get my truck license in Christchurch. Been looking round and no one say prices haha. Just wondered if someone had looked into it before, seems pretty pricy no matter how I do it. Otherwise will start ringing around people

was qouted the thick of $2K to get my 2 trailers licences signed off, as all the truck work i have done was rigid body, but already have 3/5 learners licence

go get ya learners for the aa.

120ish from memory and ya have to do the theroy test and eye sight plus provide a medical.

pay kdtraining.com 720ish and is a 2-3day course about the laws, rules, guidlines and ya logbook. take him for a drive in a truck (more $$$ if he has to provide) and if thats sweet youve passed.

go back to aa and pay 49ish and provide ya certificate to show youve done a course and they give ya ya full.

• 2 weeks later...

get learners, wait 6 months/1 year or whatever it is so you can avoid paying for the 2 day course, aquire suitable truck and goto a VTNZ station an take them for a drive, thats how a guy at work did it, seen the endorsement on his licence and everything. always thought you had to go thru mainland driving or similar but i was proven wrong...im still rocking class 2 learners, so im just going on what i was told

I am in Rotorua but when I get mine 3 years ago, I went to AA and got my Class 2 learners, it was around $120 I think.

Two days later I went and did a private course to get my full. It consists of about 4-5hours of theory work, (log books, loading etc) and then we took a work truck for an hour long drive. This cost $500.

The tutor wrote out a temporary license and said my new one will show up in the mail within 28days. I didn't have to go back to the AA and get it there as mentioned above?

Also, it was 3 years a go, the costs above are what work paid back then, I do not know if they are different now.

Just ring around and get prices and find out how long it takes. Some places will do one or two people at a time while others will have a class of roughly 10 for theory and take each for a drive afterwards. I got the former option which is so much easier and quicker. (And no idiots to slow it down.)