10 5's velobike

mark105

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SUPER TRAP

yeah nah they are mega expensive. if any one has small bike muffler they can donate me that would be chur. and steve808 its just temporary dont you worry, the whory banger will go back on soon enough.

Markku should upload the video lol.

That is something Markku mentioned also and is entirely a possibility. So will need to look into that.

Also what oil do you put into these super chargers? As i should have checked it but didnt and it looks to be empty. Is there some cheaper just gear oil i can put in it as opposed to the super expensive stuff i havent seen but been told about.

I may have some of the toyota blower oil. (As may a friend who onsold his blower.)

It's very odd stuff. It feels very funny between your fingers, and has a very strong silicon rubber smell.

Try find out how much of it you need.

Is your carby a dashpot type carb?

If it is, and the dashpot isn't returning, you'll be getting a very rich condition indeed.

20psi wont hurt when you convert to methanol.

Once it's ride-able, take it for a hard boost, and do a full throttle engine cut to get a true handle on mixtures under load. The scooter guys call it doing a plug chop.

I dont think it is a dashpot type carb. At a guess it is a 35mm mikuni bike carb with the big round slide and spring to push it down.

I dont think it will hit 20 PSI when you see the video it comes close but is still at about 17 or 18 PSI and im thinking that will be its limit. So it will be fine.

Plug chop sounds good, will make sure to give that a hoon when its going, ETA till burnouts im not sure, this weekend maybe but have got heaps on also so will see.

those the valfs making that clatter or just video + garage weird noise? take off inspection plate/breather and see if the ends of stem are worn on angle. they get like that when guide is worn I think and sound way clatter spec. this Tecumseh I had was like that. intake valve slopping around all over the place and it also did that thing like yours when it would keep reving when throttle closed.