• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
All you need now is a proper twin cam :P

Love the progress on this Andre!

Cheers, yeah TC would be nice, sad part is that this car once had a genuine Vauxhall TC motor in it, John Kershaw nabbed it for his HSR Chevette some years back. Should be able to get decent horsepower with what I have though.

I vote 1UZ, they fit well apart from sump location, example below... Had a reasonable tunnel chop though.

Who owns this car? I see it was at the Kaikoura Hop. Looks great!

Not sure exactly who owns it now, think it's the brother of a guy in ChCh I know. Was originally built with a supercharged 4AGE in it, then the owner changed to 1UZ but never quite finished it and sold it on.

In 4AGZE spec it was what inspired me to buy and start building my blue one in 2002 and ended up donating sump/extractors/mounts etc for mine.

never been interested in these but that silver one is nice. how did they cut/ do the front of the guards? is it new steel/ welded stuff under the black?

Yeah they grow on you. Joint lines were plasma cut to factory measurements and then had flange welded on to bolt on nosecone, also has mounting points to chassis underneath. The black is epoxy primer to protect steel after grinding back paint and filler. I will blend the guard into the nosecone but the joint stays visible.

• 3 months later...

Great progress. Bodywork is the worst bit! I like how the nose cone has become one with the car, earlier photos it looked a bit out of place but now it's fantastic.

Paint it silver, with green and red Castrol-like colours... then fit Lotus 907 engine twin cam ;)

• Like 1

What colour are you going to paint it?

Looking cracker sweet!

Cheers. The droopsnoots only came out in "Silver Starfire" so that's what I am going with, much to my amazement my local paint supplier had the swatch and code to match this colour,

Great progress. Bodywork is the worst bit! I like how the nose cone has become one with the car, earlier photos it looked a bit out of place but now it's fantastic.

Paint it silver, with green and red Castrol-like colours... then fit Lotus 907 engine twin cam ;)

Definately going with silver and have toyed with adding the Castrol colours somehow. Going 907 is tempting but apparently freakin expensive to re-build. Spotted a Jensen Healey (runs 907) for sale locally today so might take a look at that tomorrow and see if that sways me.

• 4 months later...