zep's 1965 HA Viva

zep

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had that car here in my workshop for a bit, was a mint little car. Had bad thoughts about rotang or V6 power units ending up inside.

Common sense prevailed and I am glad you got hold of it,

1256 would be a big jump in performance, apparently there is a lot of power improvements to be had from the head, small inlet ports etc. Check out the Brabham modifications to this motor for tips/how to's

You going to run a booster with the disc setup?

Hell yeah with the slammage, how can you possibly devalue these cars anymore??

Unfortunately the only people that seem to know anything are "purists" who tell me that slamming it will reduce the value. Pffft, this ain't an investment - its a hobby and soon to be gangster ride.

Brad, it's either got 1256 or stay 1057, and I'm sure the latter is even shitter than the prior. I'm not going to do anything that will involve engine mounts, sumps, x-members - mainly because I want to keep this on the cheap.

Magnum, my guess is that it's BG discs and calipers as they are 4x100 and Tony was speaking of using Chevette wheels.

I would imagine that the engine mounts are the same as the Chevette, but I would be not so sure about the gearbox fitting in the tunnel, and also the location of the gear stick. Plus, that would require a cert (cough) and I doubt anyone would notice the difference with the 1256.

It's so terrible that I want to do it.

Haha, yeah. I forgot to add the water gauge. I've actually got a decent working autogauge one at home that isn't older style that I might put in for now.

Gonna measure up the radiator before I hit Pick-a-Part this weekend and see if anything modern and awesome will fit.

13x8, would be awesome... the rear doesn't even have 8" of wheel well I don't think!

shit yeh, this is sweet. im the 1256 bolts in (or close enough) then it would be silly not to. like you said, it cant be any worse than whats in there now.

will be so choice with wide steels and slam. chevette wheels will look super sick.

A++